31.) Conspiracies and Maybes

Start from the beginning

Her eyes began to widen as she saw it, anger and conviction at their highest level in my eyes as I say to her, "No one had to die in order to get me to take these steps yet you forced me to do this. You have me kill and do things I've never wanted to do and yet here we are." She was truly astonished at what I had to say and yet I could not stop myself from speaking the truth that had been nagging at me for so long. "You had Hans kill everyone I love. You spun it as though he was the one in control but before I defeated him, I noticed something in Hans, something that is hard to notice unless you've been exposed to it. I noticed desperation and fear. He wasn't afraid of me not until the last moments of battle. He was afraid of losing to me sure but he knew he was going to die and, it wasn't the death that didn't scare him the most. It was the years of torment and it began to bother me as a question. What could you have done to that man to make him fear you to such a degree? What could you have pushed that man to do for him to know so much more? For him to fight against me so desperately? For him to use children as shields?"

'You're talking about Hans here. You're giving him too much credit.' "Oh, don't give me that, Zamiel. I know what I know. He used children as shields and he had never done it before and the reason why I can say this is that there has never been a time where he turned on a child unless someone was pressuring him. When I fought Hans, there wasn't just nagging fear behind his fear, there was desperation as if a man was about to be ripped apart in ways he never knew he could. He fought me so hard, so desperately, it was as if he knew what would happen if he lost so I'm going to ask you again, bitch. What did you do to that man to make him hunt my family down?"

My eyes turned to gold as my rage began to flow as I looked at her and then there was a voice that came behind me. 'Don't you have better things to do, Apollos?' I turned to see an angel, an angel I had never seen before but this angel had three faces, one was of a cat, a young man, and an old woman. "Who are you, motherfucker?" It was then that he was beside me and it was then that I felt an intense radiance, it was as if the radius was not horrible yet it burned but enough o make me wonder who I was speaking to. 'My name is Michael. Unfortunately, you seem to be more powerful than Zamiel predicted and that's bad for business so I'm going to do you a favor.'

It was then that I saw his hand reach up to my face, a pale white hand that was covered in a golden gauntlet used for my face. 'Michael, what are you doing?' It was then that the whole world turned white and it was then that I was feeling light-headed and then I collapsed to the ground, passing out.

~~~Michael, 1 hour earlier

'Where are you going, Michael?' I hear Uriel. "Going to go say hi to my big brother," I say with a giant smile, I couldn't wait to show him the new face that I got. The new face I had gotten had come from one of the lives I've led, I had spent so much time in the 1900s that I had seen the world changing though that Earth was completely different as that Earth had heroes. From heroes from distant planets to homegrown heroes, I had spent 85 years as a prodigy and then a hero, it was beautiful as I watched the golden age of heroes come and go. I also had watched so many changes, I was also happy that I got to pass away peacefully with my husband. I had spent so much time in that world that I had grown to love one of the heroes, something I didn't think I would do but I also had to lay the groundwork for the new horseman.

'So, you're going to Hell to talk to Lucifer?' I hear her say, interrupting my thoughts. "Yes. He's the only brother I've ever known. Yes, we were all born at the same time, but Lucifer was the first person who accepted and understood my role." 'Your role as an archangel is so much different yet the same as ours. Your role is so beautiful, Michael. That's why we treated you so differently, we didn't expect God to make an archangel for that purpose.' It's then that I tell him, "I am the warrior of Justice and I am one of the default leaders of the angels. My entire purpose is to see justice and peace as the defacto warrior angel. I don't expect anyone to understand that role nor do I expect anyone to see what my role really is."