𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐. 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚝

Start from the beginning

"Knight Valiant of the Western Isles." He threw down a miniature shield that resembled his enchanted one and smirked. "I'm here for the tournament."

The man at the sign-in table smiled. "Welcome to Camelot."

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"Come on, Merlin!" Arthur's voice echoed through the training hills. "We don't have all day."

"Give him a minute. " Rylee's voice followed soon after. "It's not like he's ever put on a full set of armor before."

Arthur was preparing for the tournament. In the small clearing between the forest and hills around Camelot, the Prince waited for his manservant to hurry along. But Arthur what neglected to remember was that Merlin had never put armour on before and had no idea how it worked.

"Not all of us wear this stuff on a daily basis, you know." Merlin shouted back, messing with the straps of the piece of metal on his shoulders.

Arthur simply huffed in annoyance.

Rylee, on the other hand, chuckled. Looking down by her side, she saw the sword that Merlin was supposed to be using and had an idea. She picked up the blade, swung it around gracefully and skillfully with a smirk. "Here!" She called out to the Prince.

Arthur turned to her with a baffled expression. "What?"

"Fight me."

The Prince scoffed and chuckled. "You can't be serious."

"As the plague." She smirked.

Arthur's chuckle turned to full-on laughter. "I'm not going to fight you."

"Why not?" Rylee tilted her head, resting the blade on her shoulder. "Cause I'm a girl?" A malicious smirk danced across her face. "Or is it because you still remember what happened last time we fought?"

Merlin watched the interaction between the two of them. He himself had to fight back laughter as Arthur clearly tried to pretend the aforementioned fight never happened. The Prince warped his face to purvey a confused amusement when inside, everyone knew he was slightly anxious. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Rylee laughed, swinging the sword. "Sure." She dragged out the word. "But still, my offer stands. You wanna train? I'm an experienced fighter and Merlin's not. I don't see what the problem is." She walked up to Arthur tauntingly. "Or are you too scared that you'll lose to a girl again?"

Arthur stood flabbergasted but he tried to conceal it. He glanced over her head to see if Merlin was anywhere near ready and it seemed that the young Warlock had purposely slowed his pace. Evident by the smile on his face. He looked down at the girl again. She raised an eyebrow in question.

"Fine." He said. "But don't go crying to your boyfriend when you lose."

Rylee opened her mouth, letting out a long breath. "He's not my boyfriend." She mumbled, swinging her sword.  The young sorceress and the prince circled each other. Arthur was in battle stance - slightly crouched, his sword raised with only one hand on the hilt, determination on his face. Rylee, on the other hand, stood tall, both hands on the hilt as she walked sideways.

Merlin stopped fiddling with the straps of his armor, sitting on the ground to watch. There was this lingering sense of anxiety as the tenseness of the circle grew. But his anxiety grew for a completely different reason. Not that he would know why.