Chapter Forty-Two

Hunter's POV:

  I grab a couple of things from my room before I leave, a couple pairs of pants and shirts, my artifical staff and some hygine stuff. I make sure to leave my Golden Guard shit here. I'm still paranoid about Belos, plus the fact I got absolutely no sleep isn't helping right now. 

  Edric is probably the nicest person I know. He's letting me stay with him even with no context on what's going on with the coven and I. No other person I know would do that for me. I'm so thankful I have him as a friend.

   After a while of just staring at the door, I decide to just text him instead of knocking. It would probably wake everybody else up. 

'I'm at the front'

'K be right ther'

  I hear someone running down the stairs, guessing that's Edric. "Hey Hunter, come in." He gestures for me to come in. "So uh, I'm sorry about getting you caught up in all of this. I can't-" "What happend to your eye? Was it Belos?!" "Oh uh, yeah. He found out about Rascal. He was pretty mad so he did that." I point to my eye. "What the actual fuck? Why would he stab your eye? Did he think that was punishment or something?" I start to say something but he cuts me off. "Cmon, let's go to my room. You look really tired." 

  "Alright, do you want to explain now or explain after you get a little sleep?" "Don't you have school in a couple hours?" "I'm not going today, you aren't either. Don't feel bad about it, I was planning on skipping today anyways." He gives me a light hearted smile. "Can I sleep first? I haven't slept in a couple days." "Of course! You can take my bed. I'll be sitting over at my desk if you need anything."

  Despit everything that just happend, I actually slept pretty good. Probably because I didn't have to worry about the coven and Belos at the momment. That and I have Edric with me. 

~~

My entire body aches. I feel like absolute shit right now. "Hey, you're finally awake! How are you feeling?" Edric is talking way too loud. "Shitty." I rub my eyes."Oh." He pauses. "Well, I know what will make you feel better! Food! Food usually makes me feel better." I sit up. "Are you okay with eggs?" "Mhm," "Okay! I'll be right back, stay here." The green haired boy runs out of the room, probably down to his kitchen. 

  I still feel really bad about having to stay here. I could have stayed anywhere else, but this was the first place I thought of. I'm just scared to see what his parents will think when they see me. I don't think he told his parents about this whole thing.

**

475 words

The spelling mistake was on purpose btw

Have a great day/night =)