Chapter Thirty-Five

Hunter's POV:

  My alarm goes off, blaring VERY loudly. I really don't want to go today. But guess what, if I don't, Belos will take me out of Hexside completely. Just got to love that guy. I have absolutely no idea how we're related to each other. 

  I get to school; I feel really off today for some reason. I feel like something bad is going to happen today. It's probably fine, I feel like this all the time, but today it feels a lot worse than normal. I shake it off and head to first hour.

  "Heeyy, Goldie. How are you this fine day." Edric seems very happy today for some reason. "I feel like shit, how are you?" "Uh, I'm feeling okay. What's wrong, you seem sad?" "Oh, I'm just feeling off today. Sorry if I was worrying you." "Nah, it's fine. I worry over the smallest things sometimes. Mainly my friend's feelings though. Hope you feel better."

  First hour goes by, a lot slower than I would have preferred it to go. Edric and I head out to the hallway. "Can we skip next hour? I don't want to have to deal with that teacher." "Yeah, I was wanting to skip also. Let's go now, breaks almost over." We head to the detention classroom. I just found out that the classroom is used for detention. There aren't many people who get sent to detention, it's very rare for that to happen.

  Edric opens up the doorway. Viney and Emira are already in there, both of them are on their phones. "Hi guys! Guess what!" "What?" Viney jumps off the stairs. "It was Goldie over here idea to play hooky today!" "Why are you so surprised? I've done this without you once." "Wait what? We have all the same classes. How did I not notice?" "You weren't at school, and I was bored, sorry." 

  The four of us talk for the rest of the hour. "Hunter, why did Ed call you Goldie?" Oh shit, I didn't realize that Edric did that. "Oh, uh. I'm just gonna come clean, do you want the truth? Yes, or no?" "Hell yeah! You have a giant secret I wanna know!" She seems very excited about this. 

  I explain the whole Golden Guard situation. "Holy shit! That's why you can't hang out most of the time!" Yep, sorry about hiding it. I didn't want to ruin anything, and I couldn't find a good time to explain the whole thing." "Nah it's fine. If I was in your place, I would have done the same thing. Don't go so hard on yourself dude." That went a lot better than expected. "So do you want me to tell Jerbo and Barcus?" I stay silent and think. It would be a lot easier for them to do it for me. "Uh yes please. It would be too hard for me to explain to the rest of them." "Alright, I'll tell them tonight."

**

496 words

I couldn't focuse while writing this because I was listening to music

Have a great day/night :P