Chapter Twenty One

Hunter's POV:

  "Hey, uh, so I wanted to talk to you about something," Really hoping he doesn't freak out or anything. "Hm, yeah, what do you need?" "Can we talk about it after this class is over? It's kind of important and I don't want people over hearing." "Yeah, that's fine with me." Well, there's no going back now.

  Class ends and break time finally comes. Everybody floods out into the hallway, including Edric and I. "So uh, can we go talk in private now?" I ask, pretty sure it's obvious how nervous I am. "Yeah, sure. Follow me, I know a place." He takes me to some empty hallway, like there is no one in it.

  "Sooo, what did you need, and why is it so important?" "Uh, do you want to know the real reason I live at the Emperors Castle?" Edric looks at me, he's very confused. "Wait, hold up, you were lying to me about it?" He sounds hurt. I shouldn't have lied in the first place. "Yes, but it was for a good reason. Answer my question, do you want to know the truth?" "Yes, please, and don't lie this time."

  "First off, I work for Belos. I'm forced to, I don't have a choice, he's my actual uncle." "Oh shit, I'm so sorry man. That must suck!" "It does. Anyways, back to what I was saying, I wear mask so people don't see my actual face. You've most likely heard of me, but I'm the Golden Guard." Edric just stares at me. "Wait, so you're the genius teen prodigy?" "Yep, I'm not too proud of it though."

  "If you don't believe me, I have actual proof." "No, no, I believe you, I'm just a little shocked. I wasn't expecting you to tell me that!" "Yeah, to be honest, you're the first person I've told this to. Please don't tell anyone else about this; Belos will kill me if he finds out." "I won't, trust me."  

  The warning bell rings, warning that the next period is about to start. "Hey, let's get to class, my mom will kill me if I'm late for another class again."

  After another couple hours of hell, the day finally ends.  I get to head back to the hell I call home, fun. "Bye Blondie! See you tomorrow!" Edric yells as he goes of to find his siblings. "Bye Ed!" I try to find a reason to not go back to that wretched castle, but I come up empty.

  Was it a good idea to tell him all of that? Will he tell someone else like his sisters or something.? I'm hoping nothing bad happens. If Belos finds out, I might not see the light of day again. I really need to stop worrying before it gets even worse. He won't tell anyone, I can trust him.

  After a while of walking, I make it back to the castle. As soon as I walk in, I immediately go up to my room and throw my bag on the ground. I walk over to window where my palismen, Rascals, is sitting. I still don't have an actual name for him yet.

  "Hey Rascal, how are you doing?" He chirps in a response. "I'm doing okay I guess. I told Edric about the whole Golden Guard biz. I've been paranoid about all day. I'm scared Belos is going to find out." 

**

569 words

Do any of you want the link to my spotify playlist I listen to while writing?

Have a great day/night <3