"Hello, boys. Chris, this is Charlotte, Charli, she isn't happy to see you," I make a slightly uncomfortable face as Charli takes two large steps towards Chris, she points at him.

"You know, if I saw you a couple months ago I would be shoving something where the sun don't shine." His eyes widen and Sebastian stifles a laugh.
"But, you have since been making my friend smile so I will leave you with this," she grabbed his wrist and yanked him out the back door.

I know I can't stop her process, I look at Sebastian who looks to be drinking me in as I watch my friend disappear with my ex. "Enjoying the view, Stan?"
I look into the cerulean eyes and bit my lip, he is beautiful.

"I do enjoy the view, I have been talking to Chris a bit about you, my intentions." Everything became very real in that moment. I took a deep breath and he looked at him, "Intentions? okay old man, lets here them." I let out a small chuckle as he rolled his eyes.

"Well, since seeing you for the first time for coffee last month you have been stuck in my mind, I think back to when we spent so much time together. Summer of 2011, especially."

I smiled at the memory, "the Florida escape." He nodded, "I think there were moments back then when I thought about you as more. But of course, Chris-" I grab his hand and hold it tight, "love is a fickle thing." I blush as I say the word and turn towards the bar.

We looked at each other for a moment as Anthony, Robert, and Chadwick walk in. They make their way over after they see me holding Seb's hand and we start small talk, it was only a few moments later that the tension shifted.

That's when I heard yelling outside. I hurry out the door to see Chris sitting down on the bench looking almost broken towards the ground and Charlotte standing up in front of him looking at me like she didn't even know who I was.

"What happened?" I finally blurt out as Chris stands.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" The strides he took towards me made me uncomfortable, I put my hand up in front of me and stopped him with a hand on his chest.

"Tell you what, Chris?" I look up and see the tears brimming his eyes, the pain filling his ocean orbs, and I know what she told him.

"Can we have a moment?" I look at Anthony, Robert, and Chad near the door but hold Sebastian's hand tightly and take a deep breath. The group walked back through the door and I looked at my feet before locking eyes with him.

"You left me right after our anniversary, about a week later, I found out I was pregnant. I got it all confirmed, even heard the heartbeat. I went home and tried to figure out how to tell you-" I felt the tears brimming my eyes and I wiped them away in frustration.

"A couple weeks later I went to bed and woke up bleeding, it all happened in a blur, it was so fast. But no," I take a calming breathe. "I wasn't going to tell you, you left me behind. Why would I burden you with mourning something you wouldn't have wanted with me. You outgrew me," I felt a couple tears burning my cheek as I turn to Charli, her tears dripping down her cheek, unwiped.

"What's wrong, babe?" I step towards her and hold her hand.

"Why did you never tell me about your Mom?" She spoke in an almost silent whisper. I turn and look at Chris, "you didn't. Chris, you promised."

I feel my body starting to shut down, the moment a switch flips and you turn it off for a bit. I haven't since the first week after I lost the baby. I brought this moment on myself but when you hide a piece of yourself so brilliantly, its hard to ever let it be seen. I drop her hand and pull my other from Sebastian's, I turn to run around the back of the building, calling an uber.

"Please don't go," Sebastian ran after me.

"Then come with me, but I'm not staying for that. I can't talk about it and I need to let go." I stare at him, hoping he comes to keep me from letting go right into danger, been there and I'm not interested.

"Then lets go, sweetheart." He opened the uber door for me and we went to a bar he had heard about nearby.

We were sitting at a table in the corner as the bottle of bourbon sat between us half full. "Okay, I have to ask, the bourbon?" He asked as I smile and let out a chuckle, "it's a dad thing. Always loved my dark liquor, since my first legal drink with Dad."

I lick a bit from my lips, "so, Stan. What kind of trouble are we getting into tonight?"

I looked at the time and smirked over my glass at him, "it's been two hours since we ditched everyone and we haven't had any real fun." I narrowed my eyes at him, almost telling a story as he gazes into them.

"Whatever trouble you want, lead the way...goddess of darkness." I let out an obnoxious laugh and smack my hand over my mouth. Sebastian just laughs at me, "that was adorable."

"Nope, got that from my psychotic mother, worst of my traits."
I take a sip, "can I just say the fact I was dragged back into you and Chris' life playing the Goddess of Darkness born of chaos...is insane. Would you call it irony or karma? I think I am just confused anymore."

"That is an intense question, you don't deserve Karma...however Chris does."

I necked the last of my drink and smirked at him, "I want to get drunk enough to dance on that table before anyone else gets here. I haven't done it since college."

I poured another drink as I pressed a few buttons on the jukebox, I toss back the drink and it went down smooth as I stood on the chair.

He smiled up at me, holding his hand out for me to anchor myself.

"Wait, you went to college?" I laughed, "yes I did, studied criminology, but dropped out when I couldn't afford it anymore and refused to let Joaquin pay." I stood on the table as the song started.

[ACDC - You Shook Me All Night]

Ophelia, Ophelia, heaven help the fool who falls inlove with you

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Ophelia, Ophelia, heaven help the fool who falls inlove with you.

-The Lumineers

sticky ▸ s.stan + oc + c. evans जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें