Ch 11: Marry Him

Mulai dari awal

"It's just..all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff like putting out forest fires, and flying around, and making other stuff fly around. I can't fly around, ok? I can't do anything," Sokka said self depreciatingly. I stood up and went to go kneel behind him, placing a hand on his back. 

"That's not true! No one can make a battle strategy or read and interpret a map like you," I told him. The others chimed in too. 

"I can't read at all," Toph added. 

"Yeah, and who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time. I mean, look at Katara's hair right? What's up with that?" Aang tried to joke but he ended up only making Katara hair conscious. Sokka shook his head. 

"Look, I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I'm...not. I'm just the guy in the group who's regular," he said. I pat his back as Katara came to sit on the other side of him. 

"I'm sorry you're feeling so down, but I hope you know none of us see you that way," she reassured him. I gasped and shook Sokka a little. 

"I know something that's gonna make you feel better," I told him. He turned and looked at me with his sad blue eyes. Awww.

"You do?" 

A few minutes later...

"Shopping!" Sokka said and he ran into the weapons store we had brought him too. We all looked at each other with matching smiles. 

Sokka went up and down the aisles, trying different weapons but then realizing it took longer than five minutes to master a weapon. But I believe in him, he could do it if he put a little more time in.

Finally, a sword in an ornate scabbard really caught his eye. I walked up behind him and I was glad to see the huge smile on his face. Wait, this craftsmanship looks familiar. 

"You have a good eye. That's an original from Piandao, the greatest sword master and sword maker in Fire Nation history. He lives in the big castle up the road from here," the store keeper said. My father loves Piandao craft swords. He even promised to give me one for my eighteenth birthday. 

Wow, I've been away from home a long time...

"That's what you needed all along, Sokka," Aang suddenly yelled. 

"A sword?" Sokka asked in confusion. 

"No, a master. We've all had masters to help us get better. You should see if you can study with Piandao," Aang suggested.

"That's a great idea! I could've never gotten to where I am without Master Pakku," Katara reminded him. 

"I learned from badger moles. They don't talk, but they're still good teachers," Toph added. 

"Even a little instruction is a enough. My mother could only teach me so much, but a little goes a long way," I said. Sokka smiled to himself.

"It would be nice to be a master sword fighter...Alright, I'll talk to him," he said confidently. 

We left the store and split paths with Sokka, letting him go to the castle while we went back to our campsight. 

I hope he finds what he's looking for...

Sokka POV

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Nothing happened so I knocked again. On the third time, I knocked with both hands and jumped back when a man opened the door. 

"Can I help you?" He asked blandly. I recomposed myself and spoke. 

"I've come to train with the master," I said and the attendant stuck out his hand.