Chapter 2: The Job

( I decided I would post another chapter tonight because I'm bored. AND why not do something worth my time? Also, art by me)

(Y/N) POV
I woke up to my mom shaking me violently. "Wake up, sleepy head" Mom demanded. I groaned lazily. "No..." I mumbled. Mom made a face as if she had just remembered something. "I got you a job!" Mom yelled excitedly. My eyes shot open faster than lightning could ever strike. I jumped out of my bed, filled with excitement. "Thank you so much, Mom!" I screamed. "You're welcome, now go take a shower and put on this clothing set. I set an appointment for you and you'll be late if you don't hurry." She said as she handed me a purple shirt and a skirt that was long enough to reach the top of my knees. I was ecstatic at the thought that I now have a responsibility that I'm earning money for.

I hurried to the bathroom, took my shower, put my clothes on, and rushed to the kitchen for breakfast. Dad waved to me from the seat. I waved back. After breakfast, I ran out the door. Mom drove me to a pizzeria that looked all too familiar.

FLASHBACK
And I saw a broken down robot next to the can. I stared at it for a moment, until it's dull, dark eyes turned on. I suppose it wasn't broken after all. I saw the eyes move towards me and the robot moved. I screamed and ran for my life, hoping I would never encounter such a thing again.

END OF FLASHBACK

I suddenly remembered something that happened the night before. I remembered this pizzeria. I shivered slightly at the thought of that robot in the alleyway. I zoned out for a moment, debating on whether I should work here or not. My mom snapped me out of my fantasy world (doesn't sound much like a fantasy if you ask me). "Go inside, (Y/N), you'll be late for your appointment!" Mom shouted. I nodded and hopped out of the car nervously, but excitedly.

"Bye mom!"

"Bye baby!".

"I am not a baby!"

"Sure you're not"

I rushed into the building at the speed of light as to not be late for the appointment. I switched my run to a fast walk, then to a normal, slow walk. I looked around at how empty the building was. "Let's see how this goes" I said proudly. I looked out the window to see if mom's car was still there. It wasn't. For some reason, that made me more nervous than I was before.

(439 words. No surprise there. Lets see if I can get more than 465 next chapter. Have a good day/night, simps xD)