15

We arrived backstage. Agad naman kaming imo arrange lahat as they gave us instructions.

The main point of this is to really showcase the designs. Si instead na sunod sunod and in a line kami, we are given solos for like about seconds bago may sumunod na Isa and so on.

"I'm quite nervous." I looked at the women beside me holding her golden dress tightly. Her hair was in a fish tale being braided by her right shoulder.

She's Fiona. I held her hand "You look amazing Fiona. Nothing to be nervous about." She has been conscious earlier thinking that what if she'll have a wardrobe malfunctions and such.

The girl and I were really encouraging each other.

"God, girl. Naiihi ako." Sabat naman ni Steff.

"What are you nervous about?" Fiona asked.

"Ang matapilok" she let out a gummy smile.

"Y'all, it's okay to fall. We will be right behind you." Kindat naman ni Precious.

Who wouldn't get nervous. Literal na maraming tao sa labas, not to mention that they are very high class and whatsoever. Talagang manginginig ka.

"News flash" the organizer announced. We gathered towards him.

"The Lavostines will be watching."

Sari-saring reaksyon 'yong narinig ko. Some of them got really really nervous because they're afraid to mess up.

Pati ako hindi nakaligtas sa kaba. We were asked to get back on our places. Other models are filled with hope— to have a better recognition after this runway, to have a better opportunity not just in the Philippines.

The music started playing and girls stood straight. Despite nervousness, confidence is radiating the whole room.

"Best of luck gorgeous!" Inez shouted as Fiona entered the stage. Other girls were cheering for her. She was then followed by Precious and just like Fiona, the girls cheered in Glee encouraging the ladies.

Something touched my soul watching these ladies empowering and encouraging each other. When I was younger, I often see models walking daringly on the runway but it never lingered in my thoughts on what are the scenarios backstage.

Who would've thought I'd be here, to witness this surreal feeling. To be supported by these women who are filled with hope and confidence.

The clap and cheer never stopped, it gets louder whenever a model enters the front stage and when they're back.

I kept myself composed, fixed my hair as I raised my chin and fixed my posture.

Now this is the time I've been waiting for. It's my turn.

"Go and burn the runway baby Lency!" Fiona was the first on to shout and it was followed by the other sweet ladies' clapping and cheering.

I entered the stage filled with pride and confidence. I got a long way to walk and a lot of socialite's eyes are on me.

I smirked as I appeared in the front stage hoping it would shake the nervousness away- and fortunately it did.