When the moon met the sea.

Start from the beginning

6 decades of dancing on that same night. 60 years worth of memories. 

each year would bing something new. in the first decade, they got married. in the second decade, they brought their aurelia and marcellus to the world. on their fourth decade they saw their children grow up and become strong adults. on their 6th decade together, they saw their grandchildren run around them and attend nursery. 

that 6th decade.

it was the last decade they danced in. on the last 5th of january they danced in, he was still smiling, maybe still smirking, too. he was still gazing down at her with loving eyes. she was still trying to break free from his capturing gaze. 

she couldnt. she was in captivity, but willingly. she would be lost without him. she doesnt want to imagine what her life would be if she hadnt learned to hack from her parents. 

she wouldnt be here, thats for sure.

as time took away from them and gave to the new souls that came into this world, they wished they were immortal. so they can life for the rest of eternity together.

they wished they were stars, so that they lived together for thousands of years. but that wont be enough. 

those stars still look down at them from the vastness of the universe and wish that they could give them more time. just a bit more, so that they dance another 5th of january together. 

but they couldnt. because on that fated night, when the moon met the sea, again, he was laying beside her. his hands entwined with hers. they had those bright eyes, even after all these years, they never lost their flame. they still burned bright with love.

she whispered sweet nothings into his ears, who yearned to hear more of her voice. but he knew that he couldnt- wouldnt. she wished she could stay a bit more, one more decade so she could dance with him again. he wished he could give her from his life, so she could dance with him again.

but time was ticking. time was due.

"i will love you even after the stars in the sky all fade away and die. no time can seperate us." he caressed her soft cheeks that wrinkled from old age, but still held beauty that none can compare to. he caressed them just like she did all those years ago.

"no time can." she whispred. 

he layed his head on her chest and listened to her heart beat. he remembered the first time they met. so inconvenient. it wasnt a fairytale love-at-first-sight. it was a i-want-to-murder-you at first sight. but he wouldnt change any of it for the sake of anything.

he remembered the first time she confessed her love to him. he remebered the first time she alsmost died for him, i say 'first' because it has happned again of course. he remembered their first child together, the blessings she gave him. he remembered them all. all those memories.

the smiles.

the laughs.

the arguments.

the embraces.

the tears.

those tears. the same ones he was shedding right now, as the love of his life slips away from him.

dont leave me, he cries

dont leave me.

dont leave me.

dont leave.

dont.

he knew this day would come. he knew that. but he didnt know how much it would torture him to yell for her to come back, to quit joking around, to tell him she loves him.

one last time, he yells.

"tell me you love me one last time!" his cries turned to sobs

he cried, and cried, and cried. she was gone and he couldnt do anything. that heart beat he relied on to tell him this love was real, was gone.

he blamed it all on time.

time time time.

that theif. it stole his love form him and he watched her slip from his fingers.

she left him here.

all alone.

and since that day, the 5th of january, the ballroom, the moon, and the stars all made him want to run after her into the other side. they all reminded her of him.

the last thing she told him was to live.

"live for me, for you. live and love and laugh again. for me and you. you may not see it but i do. you havent lost me."

she lied to him.

because he did. he lost her. to lose something is to have to give up something; to fail to keep something; to have something taken away.

he had to give his heart and soul.

he failed to keep her in his arms.

he watched as time took her away from him, slowly. 

this may be long, but it had to be. you must be told the truth about them. that they lost to the game of time. if you look up at the sky, you may see the aurora lights. and i hope that you look at them and remember the story of the lovers who lost.

the lovers who lived and lost. 

but most importantly, remember the lovers who lived and loved.

Aurora and Leonidas. 

the moon and the sea. 

________________________________________________

jrhnwedwekldmwfewkfmwnfwe

blame it on classical music. cuz everytime i listen to it, i have to write something.

i didnt know i wanted to write the end of aurora and leonidas, but i think i want it to end it here. if i ever decide to change the time setting of future stories, they will probobly be alive to eb mentioned in them, but their end will still be the same.

they will lose against time and the stars will watch.

Love, Mariecurie023.

Ps, i've always wanted to write a sad ending to a story but never knew how to make the readers feel sad, so this was a test to see if i could be the next madeline miller or V. E schwab. i could neverrr but fhbasjkd a girl can dream right?

anyway thank you for reading this little mini story <3

~la fine~