Chapter 34

Tracy P.O.V

There I stood in the almost vacant park trying grasped what just happened.

Were we on the verge of being back together or was that just a fluke?

Granted we didn't really come up with a solution to our problem.

He looked distraught. Never in a million years would I think that I would cause that look on anyone.

Should I leave him alone until he wants to talk or would I push him further away if I continue asking for his forgiveness. I wish that he would have said something more than that.

What I got from over brief interaction is that he somehow still cared for me.

That was a start right?

There was still hope for us and that I am very  grateful for.

I really don't know what to do at this point and I couldn't talk to my two friends because they have already labeled me as a "yamhead."

Maybe ma yamhead eno because me mek Derek tek me fi wa big clown.

For a girl who didn't have any problem apart from her financial situation I surely had my fair share of troubles  now. Adding to my financial problem there was my- uh- not sure what I was suppose to call them, my family? that and that my man problem

Ha! Man problem, who would have thought.
Me Tracy! Having man problem
Wa two slap inna me head a that me want.

Dragging my feet on the ground I started to head towards the exit.

I didn't want to go home yet but  I had no where to go.

Ping!ping!

I heard my phone vibrate in my bag.
Who was calling me at this moment

Surely it was not the twins because they were overseas and I doubt it was my mother because she was knocked out and won't be awake until later in the evening.

Who could it be?

It was an unknown number.

Weird.

"Uh,hello?" I answered

"Tracey it's your aunt Samora, I got your number from your mother, your cousin's birthday is Saturday and I was wondering if you would like to join us?" Samora asked.

I was in no mood to go to a party especially one that was about the family that wanted to take me away from the only home I knew of.

"I am not sure, I might be busy on that day." I lied through the phone.

I remembered how I wanted to meet them when I was younger. Longed to know someone else that I was related to and trust me it was a big disappointment and I wished Samantha didn't bring me to that stupid reunion.
She should of went by her self and didn't mention that she had a kid.

"But...but your mother said that you were free saturday and had  no plans." She said in a stern tone like I was afraid of her.

So if she ask mommy why the sense she a call and a ask me fah, them people ya essi

"Okay." I simply said and hung up the phone letting her know I had no interest in coming to her daughter's stupid birthday party.

I had bigger things to worry about any way.

I felt hungry so I ventured downtown towards every Jamaican favourite fast food Restuarant. I wanted to treat myself to some of jamaica's national dish and I was not talking about ackee and saltfish.