Like a Moth to a Flame

Start from the beginning

Shouto feels an oddly uncomfortable pull in his gut as the air completely shifts around them and the room suddenly becomes incredibly tense. He looks up at Izuku, noting the way that his jaw tightens and twists his face into a wry smile.

"He did now, did he? That's unfortunate."

Shouto can't help but feel like mentioning that was a bad idea…

He keeps the topic moving along to try and negate the near suffocating sensation that he feels.

"I-I say that to say that I know he's up to something and that Shindo is an unhinged sociopath who doesn't mind resorting to shit like violence and brute force to get what he wants. I'm gonna be watching Katsuki's back like a fucking hawk as always but we should definitely expect for him to try something soon. I could get Katsuki to file a restraining order but...I don't know if it would do much of anything. Shindo is completely psychotic. He thinks that he owns Katsuki. I don't doubt that he'd be stupid enough to risk going to jail just trying to get his hands on him—"

Shouto is interrupted by an amused chuckle from Izuku.

"Oh, baby, you don't have to worry about that. I'm not afraid of that boy. In fact, I certainly do hope that he tries something and that he does it very soon." He assured Shouto, his kind and friendly smile returning to him once more. Shouto is, admittedly, a little freaked out.

"O-Oh..."

"Precisely. I can take care of him on my own. Don't you worry your sweet, pretty little head about that. And thank you for letting me know that he's been bothering you about this. Did he say anything to Katsuki?"

Shouto shakes his head.

"No, Katsuki doesn't even know that any of this happened. I figured that it was better this way…"

"Very good. Let's keep this little secret between the two of us, okay little one?"

He reaches over to pet Shouto's head and the younger boy, slightly intimidated, nods.

"Y-Yeah, sure."

"Good boy. You might want to get dressed, sweetie. I think Eijirou is coming to get you soon."

He doesn't have to tell Shouto twice.

#

Katsuki is unsure of what time it is when he feels Izuku's warm body drape itself over his own, humming his satisfaction when he feels the bare skin of his lover's chest against his back. A soft kiss is pressed against the back of his neck and he turns his head to catch Izuku's lips with his own, eyes still closed as he tries to shake the fog of sleep away.

He notices that Shouto is no longer in bed next to him. He's a little upset that he didn't wake him up to tell him that he was leaving but he reckons that Katsuki wouldn't have been very coherent after being pounded into the sofa for an hour straight.

Damn that half-and-half nerd and his libido.

"Hi, baby." Izuku greets him airily, arms circling around his chest to pull him closer. Katsuki rolls over to lay his head on his chest, taking a deep breath inward as Izuku's scent floods him. He exhales with a satisfied sigh, kissing the freckled skin of Izuku's chest. "Hey. What time is it? Are you just coming home from your meeting?"

Izuku chuckles. "No, baby, I've been home for about an hour now. Didn't wanna wake you two cuties while you were sleeping so I took a shower downstairs and made dinner plans. Shouto woke up about twenty minutes ago and left with Kirishima. Said he didn't want to wake you when you were sleeping so soundly so we left you to rest a while longer." He explains, rolling over to presumably check the time. "It is...seven in the evening as of right now. I wanted to take you to get some sushi but you look really comfortable."

"Mm. I am really comfortable. Could we just do takeout tonight instead? I'm sorry if you made reservations already but—"

"No, it's fine, sweetie. You know that I don't mind. Just tell daddy what you want and he'll get it for you."

Katsuki can't help but smile. Izuku is so good to him. He really is becoming a spoiled brat.

"Thank you."

"Of course, Kacchan."

"How did it go today, by the way? I hear Bellafioré is the real deal. My parents used to really look up to them back in the day but I can imagine they weren't all that happy about you leaving to work for the top dogs instead."

Izuku snorts and rolls his eyes at that.

"Oh, baby, you have no idea. Your father made literally the biggest scene ever. I never took him for such a fucking drama queen before but with the way that he was acting, you'd think that he found out that I was fucking his wife or something."

He did, however, find out that Izuku is in fact fucking his son but Katsuki doesn't need to know that quite yet. In due time, everything will fall into place just as it should.

Izuku is fairly certain that all of the odds are stacked in his favor.

"You know. I went into that meeting today with very low expectations. I mean, sure I expected it to be every bit of fancy as it was but I most certainly also expected for their team to be a bunch of pretentious assholes."

"Were they?"

"Not at all. Mr. Bellafioré is an incredibly kind and compassionate man. Charismatic. Morally just. I appreciate his ideals and his love for the craft. He treats his staff like equals and they're seen as people with real dreams and aspirations—not just numbers. It's incredibly refreshing. I think that Kirishima and I are going to do well there."

Katsuki's smile spreads into a grin. He loves how excited Izuku gets when he's talking about things that he's passionate about. Katsuki doesn't ever really know what he's talking about but it makes him happy to see Izuku happy.

"That's good, baby. I'm glad that things are working out for you."

"For us." Izuku corrects him. He completely misses the way that Katsuki rolls his eyes at him.

"Am I gonna get to meet this Mr. Bellafioré or am I still daddy's dirty little secret?"

Izuku snorts a Katsuki's snark, giving him a playful clap to his backside. "Funny that you should ask that because he wants us to meet with him for dinner sometime this week. Eiji and Sho would be tagging along too, of course, but he thinks it would be good for us to build a solid business relationship if we were to meet each other's families. He's bringing his husband and two children. His treat."

"Really? Wow, that's kinda nice of him." Katsuki is genuinely impressed but he can't say that he's all that surprised. It's sort of an unspoken law with rich people that the best way to buy over a potential merger or partnership is to feed the bastards. Apparently thousand dollar steaks make a great incentive.

Oh. That reminds him.

"Oh, right. While we're on the topic of dinner meetings and all, I was wondering if you'd maybe be interested in having my friends over for dinner sometime? They'd really like to meet you and I think that I'd like that too. They're a really important part of my life—pretty much the only family that Shouto and I have had since we left home. I want to share this part of my life with them...if that's okay." He suggests, not wanting to feel as though he was pressuring Izuku into letting Katsuki's friends into this very private part of his and Izuku's lives.

But just as he expects, Izuku happily accepts.

"Of course, baby. I should have a little more free time this weekend. I could cook or if you'd prefer something a little more gourmet than what I'm capable of, I can have something catered. Whatever my kitty wants."

A spoiled brat indeed.

He can't wait until he can return the favor someday.