Chapter - 31{Did I Hit a Nerve!!}

Boom!!

A huge blast occurred behind me. As a shockwave hit my body pushing me slightly back.

Shit! I forget about them.’

I quickly turned behind and only to see a barrier. Seems like Benimaru was able to put a barrier in time.

Good job.’

I will paise him later.

I'm glad that the attack didn't hit the barrier directly otherwise the consequences would have been unimaginable. But still, it takes a lot out of Benimaru's body because the barrier broke shortly after. Without any further delay, Hinata runs towards Luminus to help her up.

Luminus's body has already healed itself, seems like she also has a skill similar to «Infinite Regeneration» but her magicules reserve is all used up.

She did survive four hits from a ‘True Dragon’ even though Velgrind didn't even use half of her true power, still to be able to survive, it's a miracle.

-!!!?

My blood turned cold as I saw a laser of fire heading towards Hinata.

No! I'm too far to block the attack.

Hinata is not fast enough to dodge the attack.

Luminus is as good as dead.

Did I just break a promise that I did to Shizu-San..?

I promise her that I will take care of her students but Hinata is about to die in front of my eyes.

Rimuru Pov

"Miss, I know I'm a handsome young man but I don't think it's appropriate for a girl to follow a man for this long"

I said to her with a smile. I felt her presence a long time ago but didn't say anything because of her identity but I also have my limit. I'm just glad that she didn't see me with Mia.

<<Notice. An unimaginable amount of magicules was detected in the individual.

Report. The individual is a ‘True Dragon’ race>>

True Dragon..?! What a pain. I hope she didn't have any hostile intentions otherwise...

"Who are you?"

Her voice is cold. Full of suspicion and authority.

"Thank you for the warm greetings, but I didn't have any obligation to tell you"

I replied to her cold question with a smile. It's not a wise choice to make an enemy out of her but I can't just simply reveal my identity as a ‘Demon Lord,’ please let me go, I'm just a ‘common’ slime anyway.

But why did she look angrier than before..? I'm pretty sure I replied to her nicely with a smile.

<<...>>

"What is your purpose for coming to Empire"

She asked me with the same cold voice her lips curl up slightly as she haughty looked at me.

What is wrong with her? One moment she looked angry and the other moment she is smiling.

"Oh! I came here to meet someone...

...I'm just returning."

I replied to her truthfully and sincerely, because I didn't want to deal with another crazy dragon. My experience with Veldora and Velzard was not that good, after all.

But why is she looking at me suspiciously..?

"Who?"

Why did she is asking me so many questions? I'm a busy person, you know? It's not like I will reveal my identity anyway.