Chapter 14.

The next morning we all took the HMS Pogue down to Heywards and Pope borrowed his dad's boat so we could go out to where the Royal Merchant supposedly is. I was sitting inside the cabin with JJ while Pope, John B and Kie were outside.

"All right, JJ. Pin it here." John B called out to us once we were in the middle of the ocean.
"Roger that! X marks the spot" JJ said, stopping the boat.

"All right, ladies and gentlemen. To going full kook" John B said as he lowered the drone into the water.

Kie was in charge of lowering the tether, Pope was watching the camera and John B was making sure the boat stayed above the wreck while JJ was in charge of steering the boat. I sat with JJ inside the cabin.

"All right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest" John B yelled out

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest" JJ called back

"Sure you got it?" I asked with a smirk laughing at him repeating the directions

"I'm sure, don't distract me" JJ said looking at me

"You mean, don't do this" I said, going up to him and putting my arms around him and standing between the wheel and him.

"That's exactly what I mean, Sav" He said moving one hand off the wheel and onto my waist.

"Hey JJ" John B yelled out getting JJ's attention again "Ten seconds easy, south-southeast"

"Copy that" JJ called back before pushing me out of the way

"JJ, 20 seconds mid-speed, all right? South" John B called out again

"Copy that" JJ said again

"Aye aye captain" I said back saluting John B

"JJ, keep going!" John B yelled

"John B, is that good?" I yelled back

"We're good!" He called back

The waves were crashing around hard now, one hit the boat causing JJ to hit the wall and I fell backwards onto the ground

"Shit, you okay" JJ said helping me back up

"JJ hold it steady" John B called to us

"We are going to turtle in this storm JJ" I said looking out at the storm clouds coming over

"Crank it north by northwest! Ten seconds!" John B was getting agitated at the weather and everything else, I could tell JJ was starting to worry as well.

"South, southwest JJ! Hard. Half speed. Steady at this bearing, JJ!" John B was still yelling out.

"Steady here JJ, steady here. Quarter speed" John B called out one last time and then JJ and I heard everyone gasp and go silent.

"See anything?" JJ called out as I made my way out to see what they were all looking at.

"Holy shit, it's the Royal Merchant" I said in shock looking at my brother who had a massive smile on his face.

We spent about an hour going over the wreck trying to find the gold, but nothing. It wasn't there.

"Just pull the drone up" John B sighed

"Look, we can do another pass. Recharge the battery, we can go back down" Pope said hopeful

"We've done it three times. There's nothing there" JJ said, putting his arms around me and leaning his head on top of mine.

"Shut up!" Kie said to JJ

"What Kie, it's true?" I said back to her

"The gold could be buried. We don't know" She said annoyed back at me