Chapter 4.

We were all sitting on the front porch of the Chateau talking about what to do with the boat and money that we found/stole. Kie was sitting on the couch, while JJ and I were in the corner on two chairs and John B standing by the door.

"Okay, so we didn't see anything, we need to have total and complete amnesia" Pope said, walking up the porch and sitting on the couch with Kie.

"Actually, Pope's right for once" JJ said standing up "See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny deny deny." JJ said walking along the porch to John B.

"Guys we can't keep that money" Kie said to the boys

"Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" JJ said, earning a glare from Kie.

"It's bad karma" She said, she is all about karma.

"Bad Karma to be implicated in a felony too" Pope said agreeing with Kie. "We gotta go dark"

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree" JJ said

"I don't agree" John B spoke up, I knew what he was thinking because I was thinking the same.

"Just think about it, this is Scooter Grubs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole" John B said to the group

"One time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-a-Lot parking lot because he needed gas" I said joining into John B's theory "We are talking about a dirtbag marina rat who has never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady White?" I asked towards the group, John B came and put his arm around me.

"I knew you'd be on the same page as me" He said smiling at me as we made our way down to the dock.

"Think about it Pope, how does a marina rat get a Grady White?" John B asked Pope

"Prostitution" Pope replied not sure of the right answer

"Square groupers bro, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane" John B said to the group.

"What does that mean?" He looks at Kie and Pope who didn't know the answer "JJ?"

"They were straight smuggling" JJ said confidently earning a nod from John B.

"I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck" John B said to the group as I felt a fish pull on the line I was holding for JJ.

"Uh JJ" I said not being able to reel the fish in on my own.

"Oh shit, Fish on" JJ said, putting his hands on mine helping me work the fishing rod.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it probably belongs to someone else" Pope said, sitting on John B's bed looking at us.

"Minor details" John B said

"Taking it would be catastrophically stupid" Pope said trying to talk us out of it.

JJ looked at me with raised eyebrows and a smirk and I knew exactly what he was about to say, it was his mantra, words he lived by.

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time" He said to Pope waving the money he stole from the motel room in Popes face.

"We need to figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck" JJ said

"Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal" John B agreed.

"Right, and how exactly do we do that" Pope asked

"Kegger?" Kie and I asked at the exact same time