━━━ 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Dear Lily Evans,

I love you, more than ever and you like me too.

Thanks for saying yes (so you do know that word after all). I know the reason you said yes is because I matured, that I grew up (I was always growing... never mind that) and I stopped asking every time I saw you in the corrider.

Well, maybe I should've never done that, that was a bit too much, looking back; especially, how I saw you nearly every minute of the day, being in the same house and most classes. I was daft, very daft.

There was a reason I 'grew up' and it wasn't for you, believe it or not. There were a few reasons, namely Sirius moving in and my parents situation (the shit show); realising I had to mature was interesting but I did it not on purpose, more on an accident.

I think it was pressure in a way, I wanted Padfoot to have a good home, without the fighting and racism that should have been left at the Black's (basically, he's an official Potter now, he wants to change his name when he's 17).

It was hard for him to leave, he was also quite moody (like the auror... get it?) and he wanted a cig a lot (I said no, still did it anyway that prat). Though I think he's glad he left them, can't be entirely too sure, doesn't want to talk about it.

I do also think he misses his brother a lot, Regulus. They were close, Sirius felt the urge to protect him, like most brothers do. Then, Padfoot ended up in Gryffindor and Regulus Slytherin, that caused trouble. I can tell Regulus wants to make up though, so I'll try and see if Sirius can talk to him. 

Remember when you peeped through the door when we were doing Patronus's, with both of us getting into the NEWT's class! You were shocked, when I came out the door. I think you were surprised too, that I didn't do it in front of everyone to embarrass you or that we even were matching.

Remember when you did say 'yes' though? It was just a regular day at breakfast, and I asked you once (the first time for the whole year!) and you said the sacred word! It was one day before Hogsmeade and I was buzzing- I swear it was all people could talk about for the whole day (positive I saw Minnie wink at me, smile at least).

Or when Professor McGonagall pulled us in for biscuits and tea, she was like Mary but older (gossiping tart, she's your mate though- decent girl). That was odd, the biscuits were nice, so was the tea. Gossiping with your teacher was weird, still, can we invite her to our wedding? 

Saying 'yes' was the best decision you've ever made, I'm really thankful you did- and it was before graduation! I predicted it a few years ago (maybe I really am a seer, Trelawny was wrong, I didn't get an 'A' for nothing then, after all!).

I love you, Lily Flower.

Love,

James Potter