chapter 15

DAVIDS P.O.V.

"Oh yeah cause MY kids arnt MY business!" I yell at my father; I mean how could he take Lynn's side in this! Shes a controlling, manipulative little shit who gets in everyone's business and then when my kids are involved, she has the audacity to say that it doesn't concern me! Like my kids dont concern me!

I could get if somethings arnt my concern with them now because their older but when their kids? toddlers? yeah, they kind of are my business! 

"I never said they weren't i was merely saying that as their aunt, Lynn has a right to concern herself with them" he said trying to stay calm, "Her concern. Her concern?! I dont want her to concern herself with my children! i dont even want her near them! Especially Ester." 

"Boys!" we stop our arguing when my mother raises her voice to get our attention, "Chalee, it is Dave's decision if he lets her stay here, it is his house. And David, at least try to get along with your sister, I know she can be a little dramatic but that doesnt mean you get to ignore her existence. Shes your sister." Neither me nor my father say anything knowing better than to go against what mom says.

But that doesnt mean i cant rant about her in my head. 

 Apparently shes in town and doesnt have a place to stay because mom and dad are getting renovations on the guest rooms in their house and she suggested staying at mine, as you can tell the answer is hell no.

I do not want her here. Nor do I want her near my kids. And my mom said she was a little dramatic, no. She fell down the stairs once at three in the morning, woke up the whole household last time I let her stay over here. When we went to go check what the hell the noise was she was at the end of the steps wailing because 'she broke her back and cant walk'...

So, we helped her up -which wasnt easy- and got her to the couch in the living room cause she 'could make it up the stairs' anyway, she was all like 'oh, I cant walk, I wont be able to walk for the next few day, I wont be able to make it to the twins party later today' 

Yeah, when we came home from the party we saw her walk perfectly fine down the stairs and walk over to the twins and asked how much money they got today! Can you believe that! they she ate the rest of their birthday cake that they were saving! The twins were turning 5!

So when they came down stairs the next day to eat some of their birthday cake and saw it was gone they got upset and started crying, when i asked her what happened, thats when she said it was none of my fucking business! And that wasnt the first time she said something like that! I was livid, I sent her to my parents house the next day.

Then another time she stayed over Sam, the twins, and Damien were playing video games in their game room and they were joking around with her and they were ALL laughing including Lynn.

Well she went back to my parents house that night and told on them to my grandfather! She said they were being mean to her and laughing at her, My father came over the next day when I was at work and yelled at them, cussing at them because 'they were disrespectful to their aunt'!! He made Damien cry when they didnt even do anything!! She was 47 at the time!!!!

Calm down, David, shes not worth getting worked up over.

Mentally shaking my head I focus back into the conversation my parents are having, "why would you get them that movie brenda" My dad sighed, "what movie? sorry I wasnt paying attention"

"Rocketman! The kids told me it went missing so I got them a new one!" wait...no, no no not that movie, I thought i got rid of it for good! "mom! that movie went missing for a reason" I say but it comes out more of a whine.