Chapter six, Green Eyes- Coldplay

Andora:

"Honey, where are you?" I pick up my phone.

"The bus is making too many stops, I'm sorry, I'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Okay sweetheart, Mitch is here already and dinner is too. We're waiting."

"See you at home mom." I hang up and lean my head on the window, looking outside.

"Hey." My mum kisses my cheeks as I come in.

"Little one." Mitch approaches me as well and puts me into his arms. "We missed you."

"I missed you too." I sit at the table. "Mhm, it smells delicious in here, what is it? No, let me guess, pumpkin pie." Mum smiles at me and nods.

"Ugh, you made my favorite, thank you, mum." I lean forward to hug her.

"Yes, yes, let's eat already." Mitch smiles devilishly, I give him an unpleasant gaze and start eating.

"How's your new roommate?" My mum asks after a few moments of chewing.

"Still good as you said she was?"

"Yes, and more. Did you know her bigger sister is Ashe?"

"Ashe Ashe? Mitch's Ashe?" I nod. "Hm, what a small world."

"I said that too." I smile and giggle a little.

"Do you have any exams coming up?" my mum asks as she takes a bite from the pie.

"Not really, we have assignments though, we've been writing a poem for English class."

"Sounds interesting."

"Really is, and my partner is actually a very sweet one, we've written part of the poem already."

"Really? Well, this is amazing."

"Mhmm."

"Oh honey, you should really take a bite of that pie, it's amazing." I do, and when the taste strikes me my eyes roll backward.

"Oh, oh my. I think it's the best one you've made yet." I told her.

"You know, I think we should invite Sarah, Ashe, and Loren for dinner next week," Mitch says.

"Well, I think it's a great idea." Mom smiles.

"And I can make baked potatoes with scrambled eggs and bacon. And lemon pie. Oh, it can be amazing. Getting to know your roommate and Mitch's friend and their mum altogether. A daydream I suppose." She slices me another piece of cake.

"Try to make it simple though, it ain't thanksgiving."

"Oh, we should invite them over for Thanksgiving as well. I love it, I'll become best friends with Loren, you say? And we'll be able to invite Sarah and Ashe for holidays."

"Mum, slow down there." I adjust my glasses and put my hand on her shoulder to put her out of this weird trance she's in.

"Oh come on now, it'll be fun. You've mentioned Sarah plays drums, right?" My mum leans forward to the table, her eyes are wide with excitement.

"Depends where you're going with this." I lean backward, away from the fight zone.

"Yes, she does." Mitch answers instead of me. I then look at him with a 'what-do-you-think-you're-doing' look but he only glances at me and shrugs in return, keeping his slightly mocking eyes at me.

"Perfect, then you, Mitch, and Sarah can play us something for Christmas." She smiles and murmurs something under her breath.

"What, mom, I'm not..." Mitch starts to realize what he has done.

"Your fault," I told him.

"Mhm, sure, sorry. Now can you please help me here?" he begs me, now speaking softly and gently. How I love this tone of his.

"Mum, we'd be glad to do that." I shift my sight from Mitch to her, seeing as she nods pleased, and then back at Mitch seeing as he's the complete opposite of what my mum's face reflects right now. When my mum leaves to take the empty plates to the kitchen his face turns red.

"What are you doing? I don't wanna do that. You know I don't." he says quietly so that my mum won't hear, but manages to keep his tone yet angry.

"Oh, come on, that will be fun, Ashe can sing." I mock him.

"Oh, come on." He shifts his gaze from me, looking in the opposite direction. I smile as he reacts like that.

'Cause I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter since I met you.