Chapter eighteen, Something Great

Andora:

"Let's build a snowman." Red smiles at me, her eyes full of starlight.

"Why?" I want to see if she comes up with something good. We just got to the entrance near the hotel after a long dinner with Red's grandparents.

"Because, the night is still young, come on old lady." She takes my wrist and leads me to some park. There's so much snow here.

I love the snow.

"Andora, or shall I call you Elsa, let's build a snowman." She takes both my hands and spins me. I laugh at her actions, I laugh at her energy, I laugh at her kindness. But then I put my mouth into a hard line.

I don't deserve her. I should be full in with her. Why can't I just be full in with her? Forget about everyone else.

But this, now, I love it. I love how we keep spinning each other on the snow-covered road, creating our own dance in the sleeping streets of London. Under the stars that ain't different in New York, but to me, they seem total strangers.

And another spin, and another spin, and then we fall into a hug. 

"I'm so glad I have you." She murmurs and it breaks my heart.

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Or ride our bike around the halls?
I think some company is overdue
I've started talking to the pictures on the walls!

Red sings lightly, and I laugh at her again, being held between her arms

What a feeling to be right here
Beside you now

"Let's build a snowman." I shift at her and bring our noses together. She then smiles and presses her lips to mine.

"Elsa, you got out!" She teases me.

"Yes, now let's build our snowman." I squeeze her hand gently.

We form little balls from the snow and pull them as a fundament, we squeeze a few together to make it bigger, then when we form the first part of the snowman we move to the next, and even though it's a bit crooked, it has all the character we wanted.

All sorts of memories paralyze me, the one when we build a snowman with my dad, and then with Mitchy, and then with Noah, but now I cherish it the most, I look at Ginger who's trying to shape our new buddy, and smile at her lightly, she doesn't notice it for a while.

"What?" She laughs.

"You're amazing." I look at her with the most honest eyes I could do.

This moment. I want to preserve it behind a glass wall so it will never be forgotten, never ruined. I want it to be presented in a museum.