Chapter 18

What a depressing visit, damn!

I was standing there waving aimlessly as the last of Ian's car pulled out of view.

Steele came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"What are we going to do with Jesse?" My voice came out in a whisper.

"We could always just... let him go? Although, I do not suggest that." Steele nipped my ear lobe.

My skin heated, a rose color rising up my neck.

Steele's large hands toyed with my hair that I had curled this morning. He twisted a strand of my hair around his long index finger.

"I really don't think we should just let him go. Maybe we could give him to the council..."

The werewolf council was the enforcer of laws. They were basically the government of werewolves and they hated people like Jesse. Most were afraid of Steele so if we wanted to get rid of Jesse, they'd take him instantly.

"Okay. We can do that." He whispered in my ear and he kept twirling a strand of my hair.

I nodded and stepped to go inside. I went into the living room, plopped onto the couch, and turned the TV on.

Steele disappeared to the basement. Scenes from Supernatural flashed across the screen. Dean Winchester just died and let's say I'm not too happy.

"Damn it! You're not supposed to die! I liked you." I screamed at the large flat screen tv in front of me.

I picked up some of the popcorn in the bowl in my lap and threw them at the screen.

"Sam you idiot why didn't you save your brother jackass!"

Someone cleared their throat, tearing my attention from the TV. Steele stood in the doorway of the living room with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, hey..." I trailed off while turning the tv off.

"Please tell me why you're yelling at the tv." He walked over and sat next to me.

"Well, this guy, Dean, died while fighting a demon. His idiotic jackass of a brother, Sam, didn't save him."

"And why did this cause you to yell and throw things?"

"Dean is my favorite character and he's not supposed to die."

Steele growled lowly.

"Oh quit, it's never going to work out anyway." I sighed reluctantly.

This caused him to growl even more and I laughed, patting his shoulder.

"Let's go out." I suggested.

"He doesn't go out into the human world very much." Steele's beta threw in randomly.

"Please." I whined a little.

Steele sat there for a minute, debating if he should go or not. I could tell he really didn't want to but I think I'll be fun.

"Fine. I'm only going because you want to."

His beta rolled his eyes then looked at me.

"Do you see what you're doing to him? You're turning him soft. He once was a ruthless alpha now he's not."

"Maybe it's a change for the better." I spat at the beta. He only laughed.

"No one has changed. I am and will always be the same alpha I was." Steele growled.

His mood began to run off on the beta and he became angry as well.

"Calm down, you asses. We need to get ready, going out half-naked will only get you a fuck." I grabbed Steele's arm and pulled him upstairs.

I pulled him to his closet and threw clothes at him. He ended up looking like a total badass it was hot.

"Do you have a motorcycle?" I asked curiously.

"I might." Steele nodded and slightly smiled.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

I guess I should have known somehow that he had one. Steele laughed slightly and walked over to me.

"So you were one of those boys who didn't give a shit and acted like they ruled the world?"

"No, it was a front that I put up and I practically did rule the world. My life wasn't perfect like most people saw." His eyes became dark as if rising with anger. Obviously his childhood wasn't too great.

"My motorcycle took me away. It was my only chance of escape... do you want to know why people fear me? It's not me, yes I have an aura of dominance but it's not me." He paused and took a sharp breath.

"My father he..." Steele sighed again,"the man beat me. He destroyed my body and I would always heal before someone could notice. And when I didn't, he would tell the pack that I was sleeping. He only ever left one permanent scar. My mother would watch. She didn't do anything, in fact, she would touch me. Inappropriately. Jesse had a pack, too. Well, his dad did."

This story was long and depressing.

"In the very last battle... both of our parents died," his face brightened a bit and he said," enough with the sap stories, let's get out!"

"I can't wait to see you drunk!" I giggled.

"Who said were getting drunk?"

"Me! Let's go!" I pulled him to the garage and as promised at the very end, a sleek, black motorcycle stood its ground.