Chapter 20

Steele's POV

I grabbed the bartender and bit into the crevice between his neck and shoulder. Turning, I did the same to the taller guy with big muscles and the short girl with cropped hair.

They all fell to the ground, their bodies were covered in blood while they convulsed over and over.

I stood there and watched them. They wished for this, they wanted this pain. And on the full moon, they will feel the worst pain, most likely close to ending their life.

Allie came out into the alleyway.

"We should call the pack and get these people to the pack house." She stated quietly, a slight slur mixed a few of the words.

"You're right. We should. But they deserve to be left. They won't listen but their wolves his tremble in my presence." I spoke at a regular lace and articulated all of my words.

She shrugged and pulled out her phone.

After a while, three members of my pack showed up and put the three humans in the back of a black suburban.

"I feel like we are doing illegal things here... its fun!" Allie perked up in a half-drunken way.

I shook my head playfully and got into the middle seat of the suburban. The three in the back were still convulsing and groaning.

Allie's face twisted in disgust.

"Can you shut up, God, you're so freaking loud!" She all but yelled to the three behind us.

"Just get us home. Quickly, I don't want to draw too much attention." I nodded to the driver, wiping blood from my lips.

My tongue swiped over my lower lip, tasting the lasting metallic taste. It was addictive, I could see how vampires craved human blood.

Turning my thoughts to something pleasant, I imagined Allie laying with me in bed after a fun night.

I ignored the humans behind me and grabbed Allie's hand, rubbing circles unconsciously.

She smiled and grabbed my arm in her hands. Her hands barely wrapped around my arm. My veins popped out of my skin, a blue contrast against my deep tan pigment.

We arrived at the pack house and Allie was passed out on my shoulder, almost falling into my lap.

The convulsing in the back was less and we could pick them up more easily. I grabbed the bartender and checked to see if the wound I had left healed. It hasn't yet, his body is rejecting the bite.

The other two, though, had already healed and stopped convulsing. Those wolves were going to be easier to train. They had the right mindset of newly turned wolves.

I mind-linked some of my pack members to come and carry the unconscious humans inside. They showed up immediately.

As they carried them to the house I walked back around to the back seat. Allie was still sound asleep. Her knees were to her chest.

I'm not really sure how long I stood there watching her sleep but eventually I picked her up.

She smiled softly in her sleep and I brought her into my room, placing her on my bed. She snuggled in the covers and wrapped herself into them. Allie cuddled with my pillow and rolled onto my side of the bed.

My eyes crinkled at the side with an invisible smile but my lips didn't move an inch.

Tearing my eyes away from her, I walked into the bathroom and got into the shower.

Allie was still laying in the same spot she was in when I left the room.

Sighing, I pushed her over enough to get in bed. Once I laid down, she buried her head in my chest.

My eyes dropped closed in exhaustion and I fell asleep quickly.