☼ Homewrecker ☼

Everyone believed that Isabela was perfect for Mariano, so Y/n tried to let her go.

Isabela; she/her
Y/n; he/him

Warnings: mild jealousy, if you squint, there's a little angst.
POV: Third.
Notes: poorly edited and a little rushed.
story_tingz

"Sometimes I think you get over excessive." He looked at his cousin as he felt a small string being pulled in his heart. He looked at the ring in the box, reaching for it for a better look.

"Don't touch it," Mariano pulled it away, closing it and stuffing it into his pocket. "I'm going to propose tonight." He had a smug smile on his face, "I want... five children."

Y/n choked on the water that he just drank, struggling to recover. Mariano had to pat his back a few times, a little confused by his reaction. "Five children?! Don't you think that's... a bit excessive?" Y/n's feelings were speaking for him. Yes, he was jealous; was he going to say anything? No he won't. He didn't want to ruin his cousin's happiness by stressing him out. He wanted this day to be perfect for Mariano. No distractions, nothing in the way.

"I've been in love ever since I laid my eyes on her." Mariano held his poetry journal to his chest as he looked into his hand-held mirror.

   'Me too.'  Y/n mentally spoke. He let out a heavy sigh, clutching his chest as if it was his heart. He tried to hold it, prevent it from breaking.

It wasn't a competition, but he thought that it was unfair. Y/n knew Isabela longer, yet she still chose someone else. He always argued with his mind, scolding himself for not doing better; for letting this happen. He felt as though he should've made a move when he should've, but he set it aside.

It took a while for him to realize that the woman he loved for the longest time is going to get married one day.

Married to another man.

"Hurry up and get ready," Y/n snapped out of his thoughts and playfully hit the other man, walking off and to the guest room. He was staying with other family because his parents were busy and out of town. It happened to be around the time Mariano would propose to his girlfriend of less than a year.

Y/n was invited. He was friends with Isabela since the age of sixteen. He was never extremely romantic like his cousin, but he was head over heels for her.

He thought he wouldn't have a chance in the beginning. He didn't want to confess then get friend-zoned. Everyone was obsessed with Isabela, he always looked at Mariano and thought he never had a chance to compete with him.

Y/n took a deep breath, looking himself in the mirror as he fixed the rosebud in the pocket of his blazer vest, fixing his collar before walking out. He ran a hand through his hair and met up with his cousin and aunt outside.

"Good afternoon," Y/n bowed down politely when he saw Alma, holding her hand with both of his, shaking it slowly. "Thank you so much for inviting us for dinner."

"Any day," she nodded and bowed down in return. "We are always so happy to have you over." She placed one hand on Y/n's cheek and her other on Mariano's.

Y/n gave her a comforting smile, placing a hand on top of hers, "I'm glad."

She then linked arms with him, walking towards her home. "Such a shame you and Mariano are family. Dolores with you as her husband would've been so beautiful."

Y/n wasn't so sure how to think about this. He thought it was a little strange, but at least she wasn't planning on setting up such a thing. He didn't have his eyes on Dolores like that, it would be strange. Not that she is a strange woman, he had his eyes on someone else.