Chapter 25 - Leaving for America

September 6, 2014

It was now beginning to feel like spring, and my school's spring break started today. It was two weeks long, and I was going to spend that two weeks in America with Ashton. Before I left for the airport, I FaceTimed my mum.

"Hey Scarlett!" She said when she answered my call.

"Hey Mum! How's everything there?" I asked.

"Good, I guess. Macy's grounded"

"Again?"

"Yeah. The past two parties she's gone to, she has come home after curfew. She's grounded for a week."

"Oh wow"

"Yeah. She's going somewhere with her one friend next Saturday, though. I'm not sure where"

"Oh. Guess what!?"

"What?"

"I'm coming back into America for a few weeks!"

"When?"

"In a few hours I'll be leaving. Then it'll take me a day to get there, but I'll be there tomorrow! I'm coming to visit you guys for a day or two, then I'm going to Pasadena where Ashton is"

"Sweetie, that's great! I'm excited to see you!"

"Me too! But I better get going. My flight takes off in a little more than an hour. I'll call you when I get into Long Beach, okay?"

"Okay sweetie! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye Mum! See you then" I hung up, then put my laptop in my bag, and took off to the airport along with Kathy, Ben, and Jonah.

------

I was just waiting for the the call for my flight to be boarding. Then, I would be able to get onto he plane. I was standing with Kathy, Ben, and Jonah waiting to hear something about my flight.

After three minutes, I heard the call, "Flight to Long Beach, California, USA now boarding!!" The loudspeaker sounded and said it twice.

"That's my cue!" I said to my host family.

"We'll miss you!" Kathy spoke for all of them. I hugged each one of them, and when I hugged Jonah, he said to me, "I'll miss you a lot, Scarlett. You're a great sister"

"You're an awesome brother, Jonah. I'll miss you lots too" I told him, then walked off towards the plane doors.

I got onto the plane, sat down, and put my earphones in. I turned "End Up Here" on, then a guy sat next to me and began talking to me, not knowing I had earphones in. This was going to be a long flight...