Chapter 23 - Comments

By the next morning, the boys had landed. Ashton called, and I loved hearing his voice again. They had had a meeting with an interviewer that asked Ashton about the pictures. He cleared it up, saying no that he didn't have a girlfriend. I was so glad he covered us up.

I got ready to go to school after watching that interview and talking to Ashton. I drove me and Jonah to school. I dropped him off at the middle school, then drove to the high school for me. I walked in, and everyone looked at me.

"You bitch.. You skipped school yesterday! I saw you driving around in the morning, just fine. You were probably driving around with your imaginary boyfriend" one of the girls said, snickering.

"What the fuck were you doing skipping yesterday? Were you with your fake boyfriend?" Another would say. It seemed like everyone knew I skipped, and that everyone was picking on me about having a 'fake' or 'imaginary' boyfriend.

"What did you do on your day off yesterday? Did you have fun driving around?" Others asked. It was getting annoying.

Suddenly, the loudspeaker sounded, "Scarlett Anderson to the office please! Scarlett Anderson to the principal's office!"

I walked into Mr. Thompson's office, and he had me sit in front of him. He looked at me, not saying a word, and I did the same.

"Scarlett.. I know you're a good kid, and you wouldn't skip school" he said to me.

"No, I wouldn't, sir" I agreed.

"Then what is this big deal about you driving around, perfectly fine when you weren't here yesterday?"

"Well, Mr. Thompson, the kids must've seen me coming back from the airport,"

"Why were you at the airport?"

"I was seeing my friend off"

"What friend?"

"It is very hard to explain, Mr. Thompson, and I wouldn't like to take your time explaining it"

"I have plenty of time. Now, what friend?"

"My boyfriend. He was going to Bogota for, um,"

"For what?"

"For tour"

"Tour?"

"Yeah, his band is on tour with One Direction,"

"Oh! 5 Seconds of Summer, right? Your boyfriend is in 5 Seconds of Summer? Is it Ashton?"

"How do you know about 5 Seconds of Summer?"

"My fourteen year old daughter knows about them and tells me a lot about them"

"Oh, okay. Well, yeah, I'm dating Ashton, but please done say anything to your daughter.. We don't want anyone to know"

"I certainly won't, but could I talk to you sometime about her being able to meet him?"

"Of course! He loves meeting fans"

"Great"

"Thanks Mr. Thompson"

"No, thank you, Scarlett"

I walked out of his office, and nasty remarks came at me again.

"You get written up for skipping school, you whore?" "Did he tell you not to skip school and have your imaginary boyfriend fuck you?" "How about you go home now and drive around in your car with your fake bf?"

I tried to ignore all of the comments, but they piled up to high. It got so bad that I needed to get out something that I haven't in months: my razor.