Chapter 27. I was so wrong

The muddled sounds of a conversation had me stirring in bed. I slowly opened my eyes, grimacing at the sunlight that beamed in through the windows. Why did I leave the curtains open?

Sitting up and adjusting to the light, I realized I was not in my own room. I was in Cooper's old room. For fuck sake. How the hell did I get in here? I heard the buzzing of my cell phone and began to frantically search through the disheveled bed-sheets to find it. When I did, I saw Jessica's name on the screen.

"Hey." I answered groggily.

Her loud voice and rambling made me pull the phone away from my ear. Unable to hear her, I looked at the phone in my hands contemplating if I should just hang up and call her back when the pounding in my head stopped. But I couldn't. I needed to know what happened last night. She must know why I am in Cooper's room.

I held the phone to my lips but away from my ears. "Shhhhh. My head hurts." I spoke into the receiver's end. I waited a second before holding the phone back to my ear, thankful she stopped yapping.

"Please. Talk slowly and in a whisper." I asked Jessica.

I heard Jessica huff before she spoke as I requested. "Where are you, Spence? I called your house. Your Mom said you didn't come home last night." Well crap. That doesn't help me. If she thought I was home, she wouldn't be able to tell me how I got in Cooper's old bed. "Don't tell me you met up with that Josh guy after you left?" She asked.

Josh? Who the hell is Josh... Oh my god. Minny! The video. Rik, her cousin and Josh, his boyfriend - the molester. The whole night was coming back to me. The only thing I couldn't remember leaving the bar.

"Spencer!" Jessica pulled me out of my thoughts as she raised her voice through the phone. My head felt like it was being split in half at the sound.

"I'm at Coopers. Relax and please stop screaming." I mumbled into the phone.

She was silent for a moment before she asked, "Coopers? You're with Cooper?" She almost sounded happy.

"No. No. God no." I responded quickly. "His old house. Mama Sophia's. Don't ask me how I got here just please tell me Luke drove me home and not that Josh guy."

Jessica signed. I couldn't tell if it was a sigh of disappointment or one of relief. "You took an Uber home. You insisted. After you practically finished my flask, you bolted out of there saying something about being touched."

"I gotta go. I need something for my head. Can I call you later?"

"You had better!"

I clicked off the call with Jessica and tossed the phone back on the bed, relief filled me knowing I came home alone. Why I chose Cooper's old room over my own, that was still a mystery but it didn't really matter. I was just as much home here as I was at mine. But last night...

I recalled it all up until I left and a few things weighed heavy on my mind.

The first was Minny. She knew Cooper and I had mad a gay porn together. What if she told everyone in town? What if it got back to Vicky? I was screwed. Then again, it wasn't her phone that had the video. It was her cousin, Rik's phone. He seemed mortified she used it against me so I doubt he would offer it up to her as proof. Without proof, it would be her word against mine and anyone who knew us, also knew Minny has a vendetta against me. They would just think she was making it up.

Luke knew though. Fuck. I was not concerned he would say anything to anyone but clearly he'd want to talk about it. Or... maybe not. He is straight. Maybe he'd rather pretend he never saw it. Either way, I wasn't concerned with him knowing. He was a good friend and wouldn't judge anyone for anything. Safe with him... ok, moving on.