Chapter 26. Gays and a video

"Let me at least drive you home." I offered Vicky, trying to speak above the blaring music.

"It's ok. Stay with your friends. They seem really happy to see you. Juliet is leaving now too. I'll catch a ride with her." Vicky responded, her voice like an angel.

"Are you sure?" I pushed, wanting to make sure I wasn't making the mistake most men make. Women say they don't mind you staying behind with your friends only to be castrated the next day when they let their real feeling out. Vicky wasn't like that though and I knew it but better safe than sorry, am I right?

"Yes!" She exhaled. "Honestly, I wish I could stay but I have church in the morning. You have fun." She paused, lifted herself on her tiptoes to peck me quickly on the lips. "Just don't drink and drive."

"Promise." I assured her.

"Perfect."

She turned on her heels, meeting her friend Juliet at the front door and left. As she exited, I stood and absentmindedly watched the door shut behind her and reopen moments later. Two young men came strolling in wearing clothing far too tight and small for their build. For some reason, my eyes followed them as they passed and headed towards the bar.

One was a tad shorter and much leaner than the other. He had long brown hair pulled up in one of those man buns. In the dark lighting I couldn't make out the color of his eyes but I could tell they were as dark as his hair and if I was not mistaken, I swear he was wearing eyeliner.

The other, taller young man had short dirty blond hair with the whole I just rolled out of bed look. He had more muscle on him than his friend but still more slender than the guys I am used to hanging out with. His eyes were glued to the shorter one as they walked, obstructed from my view. Noticing their arms locked together, I realized they were a couple.

Gay's under legal age frequented Randy's 18+ night often. Their arrival was not something new to me or anyone else in the bar but I couldn't keep my eyes from following them. When they met a certain someone at the bar, I felt a knot in my stomach. The shorter one looked back and caught my eye for a moment. He held a look of acknowledgement that confused me. He then turned his eyes back to the friend they had just met with, Minny - Coopers Ex.

I rushed to the table Jessica and Luke occupied in a huff. "What the hell?" Jessica asked at my arrival. "Did madam boredom dump your ass or something? Why the face?"

I provided her with a nasty look before waving off her comment. "Nice Jess. I was just going to thank you for not being a complete bitch to Vicky but clearly you were just biting your tongue the whole night." I responded, a tad annoyed at her obvious dislike of my non-kinda-girlfriend.

"I tried." She shot back. "And I was nice to her when she was here. That being said..." She stopped to bat her lashes at me. "I can't lie to you. I just don't see it, Spence. You. Her. Nope!" She popped the P to make her point.

I rolled my eyes at her and looked over to Luke who shrugged. "Anyway..." I went to change the topic. "Crazy bitch is her." I pointed over my shoulder towards the bar. "And apparently she has friends. Gay ones."

"She does not." Jessica shifted to the right to get a better look. "Oh, that's her cousin and his boyfriend. She doesn't have real friends." Jessica sat back comfortably in her chair and crossed her arms.

I gave Luke a questioning look and then we both looked at Jessica. "What?" She asked.

Luke looked at me and said, "It's all you brotha."

"How do you know that's her cousin?" I asked. "Are you stalking her?"

Jessica huffed. "As if." She rolled her eyes. "She's been ranting and raving about how he just moved to the area. He's a college student. She's been posting about how they're going to hang out since September. I guess he finally caved and decided to give her a night. That or he's sick of all her posts."