Chapter 5. Third time's a charm?

"How big is Pennsylvania for fuck sake?"

Cooper signed from the passenger seat. "I know, right? I feel like we've been driving in this state for way too many hours." Adjusting his position, he turned slightly in my direction. I could see in the corner of my eye that he wanted to voice something. Something he thought I might argue with.

Taking in deep breath, he sighed once again before continuing. "I don't know Spence." He paused and began to stretch out his arms. "I don't think we're getting home tonight." Cooper yawned into his stretch with a look of curiosity.

He knew I was determined to get home tonight and didn't want to stay in another motel. He assumed his comment would lead to an argument but I had already come to terms with the realization that we'd be staying out again this evening.

I shifted uncomfortably in the driver's seat, wincing in pain. Pain may be a strong word for what I felt but there's no proper adjective to describe the feeling you're left with after bottoming two times within 24 hours... and for the first time ever in your life. Irritated, maybe? But not like an itch type irritation. Again, hard to describe but sitting in a car for this long, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Can you google a motel?" I asked Cooper, keeping my eyes on the road. "Shit, even a cheap hotel at this point. I just need to get out of this car." I shifted in my seat again and scrunched my face.

Cooper let out a giggle.. I glanced over at him briefly to find his giggle turning into a full on laughing fit and it was directed at me.

"What's so funny?"

"The face you just made. You alright there, Spency?" Cooper responded with amusement in his voice as his laughter died down and then looked back at his phone.

"I'm fine." I huffed. "And please don't call me Spency. You know I hate it!"

"Who you huffin at?" Cooper asked, his eyes combing through his phone still.

"There's a hotel 20 minutes away but it's a little off the interstate. Get off at the next stop." He spoke over my attempt to confirm my huff was most definitely directed at him.

"Thank god." The relief in my voice did not mirror the uncomfortable look on my face as I continued shifting in the seat.

In my peripheral vision I could see Cooper raise an eyebrow at me. He slowly leaned in his seat towards me, his eyes combing their way down from my face to my lower half.

"Does." He paused. "Does your... ass hurt, Bro?" His voice was the calmest I have ever heard him as he asked.

Silence.

"Spence?"

Silence.

"I'm pretty huge, ha?"

That got me to speak. "Please." I half laughed. "It has nothing to do with your size." I adjusted myself once more. "It's just not something that area is used to. I assure you, it has nothing to do with your size." I lied knowing maybe if he wasn't as big as he actually is, maybe i'd be a bit more comfortable at the moment.

"That hurt, Spence." He fell back in his seat and held his hands to his chest. "You could have at least lied. Talk about a shot to my ego."

"It's not fair. Why was I the bottom again?" The question came out as the thought ran through my head.

Staying true to our promise, after last night we have been open and talking to each other like normal. Even about the sex. We both admitted we kind of enjoyed it but didn't think we should think too much into our sexuality's. We've chummed it up as "experimenting". That's what kids our age do, no? Graduate high school, go to college and experiment in a whole lot of ways. We just started early.

"I don't know." Cooper shrugged and looked down at his phone again. "You did it the first time so I guess it was just assumed." I was about to protest but he kept talking. "Make a left up here. The Motel should be on the right a few blocks after."

I made the left he mentioned and decreased the speed of the car, not wanting to chance missing the motel.

"You couldn't handle mine anyway." I mumbled after making the left; all the while knowing what such a statement would cause.

Cooper's neck snapped in my direction at the speed of light. His cheeks turned red, flushed with anger. "You're not that much bigger!" He nearly shouted, child-like.

"This again.?" He continued, half speaking with his hands like his Italian mother. "Like what? Yours is so big I couldn't handle it but-" he paused to catch his breath. "but mine... Mine you just took like a champ? Like it's not big enough or something." I could see the frown forming on his face and for some reason I felt bad. I usually would laugh when he acts all dramatic knowing good and well I'm not being serious but something about the frown...

"Coop." I deadpanned. "Stop being ridiculous. You know you're well above average and-"

"I can do it, you know." He cut me off.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You think you're so much bigger but I could totally take yours.... and you know what?" He stopped and pulled his lips into a thin line before talking again. "I wouldn't be crying in pain the next day." He finished, feeling victorious but not before he added,"Wimp."

"Wimp!" I nearly crashed the car and had to pull over and put it in park.

"Spence? What the-"

"Wimp?" I asked again, panting like a cat. My breathing increased as I felt my blood beginning to boil. "You have no idea what it's like at first. And after the act, it's not so much the pain as it is uncomfortable. And knowing what you're like when you get so much as a paper-cut, YOU my friend, could NEVER take me." I spat. "Or anyone for that matter. BABY!" I put the car back in drive and was about to pull away.

"We're actually here." Cooper pointed to our right and sure enough, there was the motel. "And I'm bringing in the goody bag." He stated.

"Goody bag?" I asked out loud but more to myself before I realized exactly what he was referring to.

My eyes grew in size and shot over in Cooper's direction. "What the hell do we need the goody bag for?" I asked, feeling something erupt in my stomach.

"To prove you wrong." He replied with ease and shrugged.

I pulled into the parking lot of the motel without taking in any of our surroundings. My focus at the moment was on my best friend and his intentions. I turned in my seat to face him and took in a deep breath before releasing it to calm my nerves and the weird feeling that came over me.

"Coop." I breathed, my voice low and subtle. "W-why." I paused and tried to speak even softer than I had, knowing how Cooper can be. "Why do we need the goody bag?" I put on a fake cheesy grin at the end of my question, a wasted effort in easing the rising tension.

He turned to me, matching my position in the car. Fully facing each other now he looked at me with a look of determination. I knew what was coming, knowing him all too well. Once Cooper had an idea, good or bad, talking him out of it was near impossible. Especially if he felt this was something he needed to prove. As though this was some type of competition and Cooper is quite competitive.

"We're doing this Spence."

"Coo-"

He held up a hand to stop me from protesting. "No." He shook his head. "This will be the last time. We'll leave it all behind us on this trip. Once home, back to normal. But there's no way we're leaving it like this. With you thinking I can't handle..." He raised an eyebrow. "Being the bottom. Oh.. I CAN." He laughed. "And I WILL!"