Part 30

Nicky sighed as he sat down on the hotel bed. 'Shane, why couldn't we have stayed at home... why did we have to go here?' he enquired as Shane came out of the shower. Shane sat down and kissed his cheek. 'You'll see Nicky.' He was smiling broadly. 'Why don't you go and have a shower now? Nicky nodded, and left. He knew Shane had something going on, and the fact he didn't know what was annoying him a little.

As Nicky came back out of the shower he was met by a suit clad Shane. 'Wow, what's the occasion?' Shane gestured towards the suit that was laid out on Nicky's bed; without saying a word. He was fiddling nervously with his ring. Nicky was wondering what they'd really need to wear suits for in the middle of a warm summer day in Amsterdam.

As Nicky had got the suit on and fixed his hair, he looked back at Shane. 'So, Shay, now, what's the suits for?' Shane looked nervous. 'Erm... we'll be going to a special place. A VERY special place. I mean, I hope so anyway. Like...' Shane took Nicky's hand in his and kneeled down. 'Nicky, what I meant to say is... marry me... please?' he closed his eyes awaiting Nicky reaction.

Nicky was totally quiet and Shane opened his eyes again. Tears were threatening to fall from Nicky's eyes. He nodded slowly, unable to speak. Shane had really taken him by surprise. Shane smiled and stood up, pulling Nicky close to him. Nicky buried his face in Shane's chest as Shane stroke his hair. Neither man had felt so happy ever before.