Chapter 23: Ubarr Territory(3)

Beginne am Anfang

That was why Cale sure this Whale in front of her is the King Whale's dead child, Paseton. His condition that was near death confirmed it.

Cale started to frown and worry.

“Ugh.”

The Whale could not crawl anymore. His body started to shake without being able to do anything else.

At that moment, Cale heard the Black Dragon’s voice and another familiar voice in her head.

It was God of Death.

–Human, are you not going to help?

•Help him and it will give you a benefit in the future.

Hearing it made Cale click her tongue. She started to approach the Whale.

To be honest, she hated useless feelings and reaching out a helping hand for no reason but since God of Death already told her to help that Whale, she have to help him.

God of Death himself already said that it will bring benefit to her if she help this pitiful Whale.

“Hey.”

Cale crouched in front of the Whale. The Whale human who was shaking on the ground slowly lifted his head.

“…Save-”

Cale answered without any sort of emotion in her voice.

“Yes. I’ll save you.”

Cale looked toward the sea-like blue eyes that resembled the King Whale appearance based on what the novel [Birth of Hero] described. His eyes lit as soon as it meets Cale's.

Cale covered the beautiful blue eyes that seems to be really tired but full of hope with her hand.

“Sleep for a bit. Everything will be fine when you wake back up.”

The Whale that was trying his best to lift his head finally collapsed on the ground and when Cale took away her hand, the eyes that she covered were already closed tight.

Cale watched the unconscious mixed-blood Whale for a bit, before approaching and inspecting the Whale's legs.

“What do you think?”

The Black Dragon revealed himself once the mixed-blood Whale became unconscious and quickly approached the Whale.

He then created a small light ball with magic so that they could take a better look at the leg.

“It is a mess.”

Whale Tribe’s skin is supposed to be very thick and tough. However, this mixed-blood Whale did not have such a luxury. That was why it was impacted by a mermaid’s attack and poisoned.

“…You are a very weird human. You are so weak and weird,” the Black Dragon said as he looked at Cale with an odd expression.

“Enough nonsense.”

Cale pointed to the Whale then looked at the Black Dragon.