slow-kyo drifting III

Start from the beginning

It happened over a decade ago, you and Iwaizumi were fixing up your dad's car alongside him. Your father asked if you two wanted to hop in the ride, taking the car out for a spin. Of course Iwaizumi was enthusiastic about it, but his mother wasn't.

It was like any other adult-sibling fight; the topic always being about their parents, their money, or their kids. You couldn't even remember why they fought in the first place while you and Iwaizumi held each other close—the sounds of his mother's screams and your father's angry responses echoing the garage made you both start to cry.

The only thing you could remember clearly was saying goodbye to Iwaizumi for the last time, with his tiny hands covered in soot and grease while he sadly waved from the backseat of his mother's car. You waved goodbye as well, tears streaming down your face as your father caressed the back of your head. A decade passed over as both of you now lived totally different lives; only to rekindle again after so long.

Then there was Oikawa. You've been with quite a few men in your past, none of which compared to the passion and love he had for you.

He risked his life for you to be safe, willing to put you first before himself. While the men you previously were with couldn't even look you in the eyes and say 'I love you', Oikawa had already sacrificed a part of his humanity in order to save you because he loved you immensely—he loved you more than you could have ever possibly loved him.

As your mind ruminated on the thought of Leia again, you were reminded about the one thing that you wanted to get Oikawa's opinion on. For the past month or so, you and Leia have been hanging out a lot together, spilling the deepest secrets between both of your lives. She was just as curious as you were, dying to know every little piece of you and your past as well as how you and Iwaizumi grew up together.

The way you both bonded made it feel like you'd known her your entire life, finally finding someone who was instantaneously compatible with you. She told you how she met Kuroo, her father recruiting him on the streets and bringing him in as his new official transporter. Since he was around the same age as her, she was instantly drawn to his kind and loving demeanor—someone that was secure and reliable, the qualities that were opposite of her own father.

Sooner or later, they became inseparable. Her apartment tucked away in the Chuo ward district was small but cozy, yet it worked out well for them both. A few nights ago while sleeping over, you couldn't help but notice a change in Leia's behavior.

"Did you ever notice something different about Leia?" You turned your head and asked Oikawa as he tapped his fingers against the grab handle, looking out to the sunset horizon on the Tokyo skyline. The orange hue slowly dissipated into a soft navy blue, the colors slowly mixing in the atmosphere of the Ozone layer.

"What do you mean different? She's always been the same old, same old." Oikawa responded, now tapping his fingers along his right thigh. Just like before, you pressed down on the clutch and downshifted to third, the car slowing down as you both ran through the neighborhood of Shinjuku.

"Hmmm. Maybe I'm just looking too deep into things, but I think she might be pregnant. I'm not sure if she is or not, but through my intuition and observations, she might be." The engine of your car began to slow down a bit as you pressed down on the clutch and downshifted to first gear, slowly rolling through some early evening traffic.

Oikawa rolled down the window, a large gust of wind rushing into the car as the air pressure in your ears increased. He pulled out his vape and placed it in between his fingers, inhaling a large hit before puckering his lips and puffing out an opaque cloud of vapor out the window.

He sighed before reclining back into his seat. "Hmm. How can you tell?"

"Well, I was hanging out with her last weekend since Kuroo was out with the rest of the Nekoma Crew. She invited me over to her place because she felt lonely, and I guess I needed a break from all my schoolwork." Your left foot pressed down on the clutch before you placed your right foot lightly on the brake pedal.