Babysitting Experts

Percabeth babysitting Estelle!

Percy pulls out his key and opens the door to his family's apartment. He promised his mom that he and Annabeth would babysit Estelle for a couple hours so her and Paul could go on an Anniversary Date. His mom and Paul are putting their shoes on by the door when he opens it, Annabeth behind him.

"Hi sweetie! Thank you so much!" Sally says, wrapping her son in a hug. Then she does the same for Annabeth. As his parents exit the apartment, Estelle comes running to the door. Percy leans down to talk to his sister as Annabeth closes the door behind them.

"Estelle! How's the kingdom of Estelleland today?" Percy asks his sister.

"It was great, but then this ugly monster showed up!"

"Oh no! What did it look like?" Percy asks.

"It has black hair, and green eyes! It's the ickiest monster I've ever seen!" Percy let's out a "hey!" and chases a giggling Estelle to the living room. From there, he grabs her and swings her over his shoulder as she laughs.

"Annabeth? Have you seen Estelle?" Percy asks his girlfriend with a poker face. Estelle giggles.

"I'm here, Percy!"

"I haven't seen her anywhere, we need to keep looking." They lift pillows and call her name as she giggles from her place over Percy's shoulder.

"Percy! Annabeth! I'm here!" She calls again.

"I think I heard her!" Percy calls. He turns around. "Never mind. Maybe she's in her room!"

Annabeth and him head to her room, both holding back laughs as they pretend that they can't find the girl.

"I wonder if she used one of her goddess powers of invisibility," Annabeth says.

"No! I'm here!" Estelle calls again. "I'm not invisible!"

"Did you hear that?" Annabeth asks Percy. He nods.

"I think it came from under the bed." Annabeth bends down and peers under the bed.

"Nope, nothing," Annabeth says with a sigh. "Your mom is going to be upset that we lost Estelle."

"I'm right here!" Estelle calls again.

"Gods, something's wearing out my shoulder," Percy says. He picks Estelle up carefully and sets her on her bed.

"Estelle?" Annabeth and Percy exclaim at the same time. "Why didn't you tell us where you were?"

"I did!"

"Did you hear her?" Annabeth asks Percy who shakes his head innocently.

"I didn't." He smirks. "But now that the Queen is back, we can have a feast!"

The "feast" is some Macaroni and Cheese that Percy makes out of a box, apple slices (to be healthy), half of a peanut butter and jelly (with no crusts, grape jelly, and chunky peanut butter, the way Percy knew his sister liked it), and a blue cookie. While Percy prepares the Royal feast, Estelle watches Sofia the First, and Annabeth sits at the table, drawing blueprints, because Percy refuses to let her help with anything to do with the kitchen after the last incident. She insisted that that was a one time thing and that she could handle a simple pb&j or a Mac and Cheese, but he refused.

"You can do the apple slices," he suggests.

"Wow. I'm reduced to apple slices. Gee, thanks."

"It's the only one that doesn't involve possible mixing stuff," he says. She grunts and stands up, pulling an apple out of the fridge and grabbing a knife. She begins cutting it, sending Percy a dirty glance between every slice.

"Okay, maybe I shouldn't have given you the job to use a sharp knife."

"Trust me, I could just as easily kill you with a pan, hot boiling water, noodles, and a wooden spoon. But I won't. Not with witnesses around," she nods her head to where Estelle sits with a teasing smile on her face.

"I love you," he says.

She laughs. "I love you too." Percy gives her a quick kiss on the lips and then stirs the Mac and Cheese. Annabeth and him would eat some of it, but after Sally and Paul got home, they would either go out to eat, or return to their apartment where Percy would make something fantastic for them. Finally, after the food was ready, Percy called his sister to come sit down and eat. She comes quickly and sits at the table, waiting for Percy to put the plate of food in front of her.

They asked her about school and her friends. She told them that everything was wonderful. It was no surprise when she listed a very long list of all her friends. Who could dislike Estelle?

They put on a princess movie to finish up their night of fun. Annabeth pulled out her blueprints and began a sketch for another building while Percy and Estelle stayed tuned into the movie, up until Estelle grew tired and Percy put her in bed. When he returned to the couch, Annabeth carefully set her blueprints aside and motioned for him to lay down, so she could lay on top of him and rest her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her body.

Sally and Paul walked into their apartment to see the couple asleep on the couch and Estelle gently tucked in bed. They said Goodnight to all of them and headed to their own room to retire for the night as well.

The morning after, as soon as Percy and Annabeth left, Estelle would not stop talking about the amazing time she had with Percy and Annabeth. She made them sound like babysitting experts.

Sally and Paul decided to have them watch Estelle more often.

I thought this would be cute because I feel like Percy and Annabeth would be so good with kids, especially Percy.

I hope you all enjoyed!