Estelle and Percy

Estelle is 16 in this.

"Hey mom, what's wrong?" Percy asks as he picks up his phone.

"I think Estelle needs to talk to you. She's crying and refuses to tell Paul or I what's wrong. Can you call her and see if she'll talk to you? Don't tell her I told you though."

"Of course!"

Percy calls Estelle's phone. It rings twice before she picks up. "What Percy?" You could tell in her voice that she was upset. You could also hear her sniffling on the other end of the line.

"Hey, Stella. What's wrong?" Percy asks.

"Nothing."

"Estelle, don't make me come all the way to New York just to make sure your okay."

"I'm fine, Percy! Just a rough day."

"You wanna talk about it?" I ask.

She sighs. "My boyfriend and I broke up... He cheated."

I slam my hand down on the couch, angry at the boy who hurt my sister. "Do you want me to beat him up for you, because I-"

She lets out a little laugh. "No. I don't need my brother in prison too. That would make my day worse."

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask.

"No. Now what did you call me for in the first place?"

"I was just going to tell you that we're visiting soon." Annabeth and I plan to take the kids there sometime before the end of the month. And now, I had another idea in mind. Mrs. O'Leary and I would be visiting today.

"Really?!" She asks. I can picture her huge smile on the other end of the line.

"Yeah. We're bringing the whole crew along. We figure that since we haven't visited in so long, it's about time. We should be there near the end of the month. The kids are super excited to see their favorite Aunt Stella."

"I'm their only Aunt Stella."

"They love you."

Estelle and I continue to talk until I make up an excuse to hang up so I can get ready to go visit her. She sounds devastated on the other end of the line, when I tell her I have to go. I almost tell her my plan to come see her later, but I want to keep it a surprise.

"Where are you off to, Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth asks as I get my things to go.

"I'm going to visit Estelle. I'll be back late probably-"

"Percy, I know you miss her, but we'll see her at the end of the month."

"Her boyfriend cheated on her and she's super upset and-"

"Kick his ass for me."

"I might just have to. You'll be okay..."

"I can handle the kids. If anything, I'm getting rid of the most childish one in the house. Life will be a breeze."

"Haha." I hear a pterodactyl screech come from the boys' room.

"On second thought, you better not be too late, because you're on drop off duty early tomorrow morning. I don't care whether it's the school or the circus. Just get them somewhere that's not here. While you do that, I'll be sleeping." I see the teasing smile on her lips and I can't help but kiss her.

I say goodbye to the kids and tell them to behave as I climb atop Mrs.O'Leary. We shadow travel to right outside my family's apartment building.

"Percy? What are you doing here? And with all that stuff?" My mom asks. I was holding a bunch of flowers, a bunny stuffed animal, balloons, a bag full of candies, and Estelle's favorite, a giant bag of white cheddar popcorn.

"I came to see my favorite sister. Is she still in her room?"

"She hasn't left it."

I go to Estelle's room and creak open the door. "Go away."

"Are you telling your favorite brother ever to go away? Wow. I might have to enjoy this candy and popcorn and balloons and the stuffed animal all for myself. And I'm sure Annabeth would love the flowers."

"Percy? You came?" Her face lights up.

"Of course I did." She smiles and I lay all the stuff next to her bed as I wrap her in a tight hug.

"I love you, Percy. You're the best brother ever."

"I love you too, Stella. Are you ready to make the worst day ever the best day ever?"

She nods. I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder like I used to do when she was little. She laughs as I carry her out of her room and through the house.

"Mom! I'm taking Estelle out and about to go have the best day of her life. We'll be back later."

"Okay! Have fun and behave!"

"We'll try not to get into trouble. No promises though!"

I put Estelle down as we get out of the apartment. We go to Dave and Buster's first. There, we play a bunch of arcade games and have a lot of fun. I let her beat me a few times just to make her happy. We order pizza and pop. After we eat, we go back and play even more games.

"Percy?" She asks as we get into the cab after Dave and Buster's, "have you ever been in a breakup?"

"No," I say. "Annabeth's the only girl I've ever been with and although we argued sometimes, we never broke up or anything. We'd make up within the next hour."

"Make out too, I'm guessing."

I laughed. "Only a little bit."

"Mhmm... where are we off to next?"

"Who said we were going anywhere?"

"You said this would be the best day ever and I've been to Dave and Buster's before. What makes it so different from all the other times?"

"The fact that you're there with your amazing brother."

"If anything, that makes it worse."

"You love me, Estelle. Don't deny. And also, the next stop is a surprise."

"What's the surprise?" She asks.

"Estelle!"

"Percy!" She mocks. "I want to know where we're going."

"Ice cream or a movie first?" I ask.

"Hmm... ICE CREAM!"

"This is why I love you. We think alike."

The cab pulls into the ice cream shop parking lot. Estelle and I go inside. We're eating ice cream, laughing, and having a great time. The door opens and a boy walks in holding hands with a girl. Estelle looks over at them and glare for a minute, and then looks down at the table. Her smile is gone and tears streak her face.

"Is that-"

"Yeah." I stand up from my seat, ready to yell at the kid for hurting my little sister. She puts a hand on my wrist.

"Percy, no. Can we just go?" I should've never taught her the baby seal eyes. I couldn't resist them.

"Yeah, let's head out."

The two of us leave the ice cream shop and get into a taxi. "Movie time?" I ask her. She nods.

We head to the movie theater, and I let her pick the movie and all the snacks she wants. Annabeth will understand all the money that is no longer in my bank account.

When the movie finishes, we get ready to go home.

"Thank you, Percy," Estelle says. "I did have the best day ever." She gives me a big hug. I smile and hug her back.

Now, it was time to see if Annabeth had our battle strategy done.

Okay guys, but if this ever happens, Estelle's Protection Squad will unite and beat up the boy who cheated on Estelle.