act 1 summary

「Box 1 」

「Box 1 」

Zihao meets with Nezu in his office and discusses becoming a mentor and bodyguard for class 1-A. He agrees on the terms that he receives housing and gets paid for his work. This is also where we first see Aizawa's hostility to the idea of a vigilant being allowed into the school.

「Box 2」

He has entered his new apartment where he took note of a camera on the front door. There are two bedrooms and basic necessities. His receives new hearing aids from Nezu, but he believes there may be a recorder attached to them. He takes notes of all the students quirks and takes an interest in Midoriya's quirk.

「Box 3」

Class 1-A is introduced to Zihao and learns he is Sero's cousin. A brief explanation of his quirk is given.

「Box 4」

Aizawa shows hostility towards Zihao in which he responds by getting upset and defensive. After the class goes to lunch Midoriya goes back to ask l/n about his quirk. Nezu watches this interaction from his office and claims that it is a shame Zihao is no longer a student.

「Box 5」

Zihao takes notes of class 1-A's combat training with All Might. He breaks the students into groups for training. He also beats Bakugou in a one-on-one fight. On his way to meet class 1-B he meets Monoma and slams the door in his face.

「Box 6」

His hearing aids are made known as well as his type of hearing loss. Deku asks him if someone who is quirkless can become a hero and Zihao says that anyone can be hero.

「Box 7」

Zihao attends the sports festival where he meets Hawks, Mirio and Tamaki.

「Box 8」

L/n eats lunch with Bakugou and offers to train Shinsou after his fight with Midoriya.

「Box 9」

He talks again with Hawks after the sports festival.

「Box 10」

Hu has been introduced, along with his quirk. Zihao asks Hu to pull up footage on a specific date about a student.

「Box 11」

All Might slander from Zihao. He learns the truth behind Midoriya's quirk and proceeds to bad mouth All Might for his actions. Afterwards he goes on a mission to get information about a drug that can manipulate quirks. 

Nezu shows Aizawa the student file for Zihao and explains that he would have been a second or third year by now. He also tells Aizawa that he plans for Zihao to watch the students while they intern.

「Box 12」

Zihao agrees to watch the students in Hosu during their internship. Shinsou appears for training with Midoriya, and he decides to keep asking for help.

「Box 13」

The students learn that Zihao can control the heat of the smoke, meaning he can evaporate Bakugou's sweat before he can set off his quirk.

Aizawa and Zihao watch the students leave on the train. While they are talking Aizawa notices Zihao's serious demeanor and questions what Zihao has gone through.

「Box 14」

Hawks meets with Zihao before nomus arrive. 

Stain is attacking Iida; Zihao intervenes and successfully takes down Stain.

「Box 15」

Zihao disappears before the police arrive and ends up passing out while talking to Aizawa. By now Aizawa is less hostile to the boy and even takes care of him.

「Box 16」

Todoroki, Iida and Midoriya are all in the hospital for their wounds. The chief of police meets with them and gives them an option for who can take the blame for defeating the Hero Killer. They decide that Smog will take the blame, making his code name public. They also learn that he is vigilant.

「Box 17」

Zihao's past

His father is revealed to be Oboro who lost his hero job due to an injury. Due to his depression he turned to smoking and alcohol abuse but still cared for his family. A man offers him a job without giving details of what it is, he takes the offer and meets with All for One. At this point he was not aware of how evil the man was or who he was.

He is later found dead by his wife who went to search for him. His wife is killed by Muscular while Zihao watches. Zihao is now led to believe that both of his parents are dead.

Hu later finds him behind a gas station, and they become friends. They survive by stealing and when they turn older, they become vigilantes together.

Zihao admits he left UA because of his own personal reason. He chooses UA because of his father's connection with Present Mic and Eraserhead. 

We learn that Zihao still carries his father's lighter even though it is empty and probably uses herbal cigarettes in memory of his believed to be deceased father.

「Box 18」

The students' injuries are revealed, and they begin to believe that Zihao is a perfect hero based off of his actions.

Aizawa storms Nezu's office out of anger after he learns to truth of Oboro and his son. Nezu responds by making him face the hard reality of the situation.

Zihao goes to Hu's place for dinner.

「Box 19」

An inside look of Aizawa's mental state is shown.

Zihao meets with Nezu and discusses his history with the Hero Killer and why he became a vigilante. 

He later meets with the chief of police who offer an alliance. In exchange for taking down Stain and other villains, Zihao will have complete protection over his identity and access to the federal database regarding current and past crimes. He will also be recognized as an authority figure, so he won't worry about being arrested.

This story will remain platonic but there will be times where characters simp for Zihao :)

I do start school soon, but I have up to chapter 26 written already, they just need to be edited. After school begins my update schedule maybe twice a week instead of almost daily.

<3 send your fanfics for me to read though!!