box 35

"Don't the students move in today?" Hu asked as he stared out the window

"Don't the students move in today?" Hu asked as he stared out the window. For some unknown reason Nezu decided to put class 1-A's dorm right next to his training building. His excuse, 'To save time so they won't walk across campus.' Sure Nezu, sure.

"Yep." Zihao popped the last p as he pulled a tray of cookies out the oven. After Hu moved into the building, he has spent majority of his time in Zihao's apartment. No matter how many times he was kicked out he always somehow found a way back inside. 

Due to the current traumatic events, Zihao was given a break off of work for a bit until the students had to return to normal classes. So obliviously he spent this time doing things he always wanted to yet never had the chance to. And one of those things was baking. Transitioning from a poor family to the streets didn't exactly give him the free time to use an oven.

Sato gave him a couple of recipes to try that he thought the two would enjoy. Most of the recipes consisted of cookies, pies and breads. So far Zihao's favorite thing to make was a strawberry pie. Mostly because it was the easiest for him to make and clean.

All he had to do for the crust was to mix a cup and a half of graham cracker crumbs, six to seven tablespoons of butter and a third cup of sugar.

For the filling it called for: a quart (or a pound and a half) of strawberries, a cup of sugar, three-fourths cup of water and three tablespoons of corn starch. And cool whip on top.

After he created the crust, he'd line a pie pan with it and let it cool in the fridge for about thirty minutes. The crust had to be able to keep its shape when he pinched it.

The filling was easy because it didn't require any baking. All he had to do was grab a medium saucepan, pour in half the strawberries and sugar and bring it to a boil on medium-high heat. Stir frequently so it doesn't burn and mash the strawberries as you go. The other strawberries were cut up thinly or diced and placed on the crust.

After the strawberry and sugar mix was boiling, you combined the corn starch and water to make a slurry and pour it into the saucepan. Reducing the heat, you continue to stir it constantly until it turns into a thick texture. Almost like jelly, this takes about ten minutes.

Then pour the hot mixture right onto the fresh strawberries and pie crust and place back into the fridge to chill. Let it set for about three to four hours and then put cool whip on top. And it's ready to eat.

Hu shoved a warm cookie in his mouth as Zihao turned his back. "Sooo how is the research going? Find the mole yet?" He watched as Zihao took a seat on the couch and shoved more cookies in his mouth when he wasn't looking.

"Not yet, I may just leave the issue with Rat Shit. It's out of my pay grade." Zihao yawned as he scrolled through the police database for the hundredth time.

Pausing for a second, a sudden idea came to his mind. 'Let's look up frosted flakes while we're at it.'  The sound of keys clicking resonated over the soft music playing as he typed in Shigaraki's real name. He doubted anyone else knew what his true identity was yet, and honestly it isn't lying if they never ask.

'Family, dead. Grandmother- wait a fucking second.'

"HU! Stop eating the cookies and listen to this!" Zihao shouted. Scurrying could be heard as Hu ran out the kitchen with half a cookie in his mouth.

L/n tilted the laptop screen to his friend and pointed to a woman. "You see her? She's All Might's old mentor!"

"Okay and...?" Zihao mentally face palmed. He forgot he hasn't told Hu about All Might's quirk yet. He decided against it, because even if he does trust the male with his life, he can't lay out all his cards yet. And if something went south, keeping Hu out of the knowledge pool would keep him the safest. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

"I can probably find more dirt on him with this information! Or at least hold it over his head. I mean none of the heroes realized who Shiggy is yet anyway. Dumbasses." He spoke freely, he wasn't too worried about the cameras anymore. With Hu there he could easily track all the cameras down and delete all the footage.

Hu shrugged and pursed his lips. "I guess that could work, you really hate the guy, don't you?"

Zihao froze, did he hate All Might? Sure, he had a personal grudge but was it enough to hate him?

"I don't know, I appreciate his work, but he is just a product of society. There are plenty of other heroes better than him that just aren't as flashy." He confessed as he shut off the laptop. All Might was a good hero from an outside perspective, but people can easily be injured while working alongside him. He can aspire people to become great heroes like Midoriya, but is it really okay to overlook all his wrong doings because he saved someone else?

"Hey Hu, if I ever revolted against society and I don't know, like tipped the entire hierarchy. Would you hate me?" The greenette asked as he stared at the closed laptop.

"No? I'd follow behind you the whole time." He said with ease.

Zihao's lips curled into a smile as he heard Hu's response. Of course, he would say that, he's Hu. Why would he think anything less of his best friend?

"Come on let's eat some pie."

"Wait, really?!"

"Yeah, it'll be cool by now."

"Yay!" 

--------------------

"Don't worry Wolfgang...I won't kick you out like someone has..." Hu pouted as he dropped food into the fish tank. After eating all of the cookies and majority of the pie, Zihao kicked him out. Not even with a plate of baked goods. Leaving the male to whine alone in his own apartment.

I thought I'd add a fluff chapter after all the angst

I thought I'd add a fluff chapter after all the angst. And if you try to pie recipe, tell me how it goes! It's probably my favorite pie to make, it is extremely sweet though. When you make the crust add the butter in slowly, so you make sure you get the right texture. You may have to add an extra tablespoon. You'll know it's done if you pinch it, and it can stand up like a mohawk. 

For the filling I recommend you using a wooden spoon, it makes it easier. Also, if you cut the strawberries into four parts before you boil it, it helps a lot with the mashing.