///
“Damn! The plan failed.” Nezu gripped his fluffy paws. Fretting over his colleagues well being. As news that All Might is losing spread, discord stirred in the public, combine that with the recent incidents happening in where future heroes are being raised give the hero society’s reputation another critical hit. But in between there was still some faith.
\\\

“There’s no point if its just me…” AFO monologue to an All Might who’s coughing up more blood. “But Tomura, he had made society’s faith in heroes’ shake… And now I’ll be the one landing the final blow… Do you know All Might? I hate you just as much as you despise me! Its true that I killed your predecessor, but you also took away everything I built. So I’ll make you die in pain!”

“He’s coming, Evade!” Gran Torino instructed his student. All Might was also about to follow the order but AFO asked him something. The hero notices a grunting sound, turning around to see a civilian woman climbing herself out of rubble, her legs are definitely stuck down there, and the villain is aiming for her, effectively locking the other man in place.

Toshinori awaited the pain, he was already weakened, he can feel the striking wind force on his face. The hero forced his eyes to open, shaking as his body deflates in the fading smoke. In front of him was an arrangement of rocky spikes. Crumbling slightly from the previous impact.

As the symbol of peace’s skeleton-like face spread to live news tv screens all over Japan, the population’s faith began to dwindle further. It began with shock questions then after the confirmation from the live reporter and a camera pan to the cluster of rocks, addressing the mysterious barrier. Surprisingly sturdy despite the blast force.

“Haggard cheeks, sunken eyes! Such….” All For One stopped himself to see the crumbling rock cluster, and his enemy except looking now pathetically weak, relatively unscathed beside the damage he himself had already induced before. Regaining his composure from the slight surprise. But this could only mean one thing, there was cavalry coming in. and whatever they are they are strong enough to make such a thing in a second, he smirked under his mask in forced confidence. “Don’t be ashamed! This is your true form isn’t it?” the spread his arms in grandeur.

“Even if my body rots and I grow weak, even if you expose this form to the whole world to see…. My heart will always be the symbol of peace! That is the one thing you can never damage!” All Might said, his fist glowed in determination, concentrating a large amount of power into it.

“Fine… I yield, how can I forget that you are a stubborn child?” the man felt a shiver down his spine as if someone his keeping an eye on the battle beside the useless reporters high up in their helicopters, this person is stopping purely out of curiosity. “But would your heart still stand after hearing this? Tomura Shigaraki is Nana Shimura’s grandson.” He said without a suspense pause.

There was silence before he spoke again. “This whole time I thought of what you hate the most. I gave you a chance to fight Tomura, you were saved by some snotty brat…” his voice quiet a bit when mentioning the interruptive character. “Huh? That’s strange? Where’s that smile of yours?” He tugged at his covered cheekbones in a mocking gesture.

Thunder rumbled but there was no rain. ‘When you save others, it means that they’ve just experience something scary right? A real hero won’t only help physically but also spiritually, that’s what I think.’. Nana’s voice echoed in the number one hero’s mind. ‘So no matter how scared you are; you have to smile to show them that’s its fine.’

Because in this world, the ones who can smile are the strongest!

“Bas…. Tard….” The hero grits out, which the villain gleefully ‘smiled’ back at him. He was so shaken by the news that he didn’t notice the intense change in weather pattern, screaming in his head about the mistake he made. The civilian behind him, now feeling the bricks’ weight slightly lifting, raised her head for a plea with tears in her eyes. “Don’t give up…. All Might… please…. Save me!” the woman was frightened, but her words were heard through live television who somehow stuck along despite the sudden change in weather.