Chapter 29

Author’s notes:

I said no updates, though it’s kinda late.

But I really don’t want to write that essay.

And I need to distract myself from the secondhand guilt
__________________________________________________________________

“Even though summer break is nearby, the school isn’t letting you all slack off for an entire month….” The homeroom said from his podium.

“Don’t tell me…” Kaminari exclaimed.

“This summer break. We’ll be doing a training camp in the forest.” Aizawa ended.

Class 1-A then erupted in cheer, listing off things that students usually do when the go on a camping trip. Boboiboy sat there confused, he won’t get to sleep? And what is this about the hot springs, fire crackers, and test of courage? As you can see the culture barrier and difference in priorities are very visible.

His past experience with camping was less than pleasant, considering the circumstances they were in and the reason for those situations. But his friends looked thrilled about the event so he joined in the cheering.
-

(After 3 days of the written exam.)

-

Hearing about the training camp, Solar decided that he’ll recuperate the vehicle. He thinks the camp will be in a forest so lots of open space, and compare to the other ‘safer’ elements, he hasn’t test the speed of light on the thing yet so that’s what’s he’s planning. Unfortunately for him, the reception at this open field practical exam location is garbage. Even Tok Kasa’s cottage has better signal.

He was just as surprised when most of the school’s pro heroes arrived at the plaza. Mr. Aizawa looked like he was going to announce something. Probably something about that rumor across campus that the practical exam will have those robots that can’t even stand one hit from Lightning. Cause let’s all be honest here, this school isn’t that predictable to use the same testing method thrice, no school is. And considering all the faculty staffs are here, then that means…

“Everyone, now we’ll begin the practical exams” Aizawa announced, “As usual, some of you may fail this. If you want to join the training camp, don’t make any stupid mistakes.” The homeroom stopped, observing his students in their slightly modified hero costumes “I know you all have heard some intel beforehand, and should know what you’ll be doing….”

“We’re doing the same thing like the entrance exam and sports festival right!?” Denki and Ashido cheered, they both were confident that they can do this. Mina then began listing off things that would be done when they get to the camp, her small rant was cut off by Nezu popping out of their homeroom’s scarf.

“Wrong! From now, the testing protocols will be changed!” Nezu announced in his little principle manner.

“Principle Nezu!? Did you just say that it’ll be different?” The children gasp, surprised at the notion.

‘I KNEW IT!’ Solar was proud of himself. He of course, was just a voice. This is followed by some groans of annoyance.

“Because there will likely be a potential all out war, the school opted to focus on realistic one-on-one combat from now on.” Nezu continued, dropping down from the homeroom’s scarf. “In other words, your practical exam will be to pair up and fight one of your teachers!”

“A-against the teachers…?” the students continued their shock at the completely different info.

“Furthermore, the pairings are already decided, judging by relations and ability. But this year, we have an odd one out.” Eraserhead said, he only supposed to have 20 kids this year, but after the hero agency TAPOPS contacted Nezu, he had collected himself another child. “Boboiboy, you can pick your opponent when it’s your turn.” There is suppose to be a 2 vs 1 situation, but considering Boboiboy’s cadet status in his agency, he’ll have the advantage of picking his own opponent, an equal trade for the disadvantage of having to do a literal 1 vs 1 with an all out pro and adult.