Chapter 22

Author’s note:

I just experienced heart constrictions yesterday, it was not fun.

I think exercising is actually needed now.

Reminders for the next few chapters:

No OCs; No extra characters; Legal drama to minimum.

I will die before ever submitting to the law major.
__________________________________________________________________

Picking up where we left off.

“I think the pros can out weight the cons in this one.” Midoriya concludes after 3 hours of brainstorming. The 2 pieces of notes that they started with had somehow evolved into mountains of messy files and research materials. This discussion left both quite exasperated.

“Yeah, helping Todoroki socialize does win over a slightly strict regimen.” Speaking from experience, spending time with friends can be good for both your mental health and physical limitations. He would know, the neighborhood was very vocal about it.

“It’s getting late. We should head home.” Izuku whines, tired from the afternoon. Taking a glance at the opened window. The sun was setting outside and things were quiet. The 2 sort through the notes for whatever they deemed necessary, taking some moments to revise anything that catch their attention. Putting books back on the shelves. Then go back to their own home.

.

.

.

It was the day, Boboiboy had accepted Todoroki’s request of company by now, and registered his name under Endeavor’s internship offer. Saying his goodbyes to his friends at the station he set out with icyhot to the number 2 hero’s agency. The trip was silent, as Shoto wasn’t that good with interactions in general. So the one to break the ice was Boboiboy.

“It’s great that we’re going together right?” oh wait, that’s Cyclone.

“Is that you Cyclone? Ice wouldn’t be out at this hour.” the blue glint gave away the element’s identity. Todoroki figured it must be the wind element, for it was neither lunch or the evenings.

“Correct! You’re getting better at this!” Cyclone congratulated, reaching into his backpack for the very specific item. Over the week, Todoroki has visited the home many times to pet chickens, he had also practiced differentiating the elements from each other.

“Please don’t eat those in front of me.” Todoroki has grown to fear the mere existence of those, admittedly, adorable biscuits. If he didn’t know any better, he would theorize it was a secret product of Boboiboy’s quirk.

“Aw man, you’re such a bummer Shoto” he lifts his hand which was hovering above the zip lock away, and reached over a little to pull out a thermos. “Want some?” of course, filled with special iced chocolate. Minus the whipped cream, that won’t last for long either way.

“Yes.” Came the short reply, Todoroki removed the lid of his water bottle which has green tea that his sister prepped for him that morning, for Cyclone to pour the chocolatey cool drink in.

The trip went smoothly for the boys, small talk dabbled along here and there, sometimes it was about quirks, sometimes it was about their families and friends. Todoroki learned 2 things from these talks, Boboiboy hasn’t seen his father in about 5 years, and he entered a coma 3 times.

.

.

.

Well, they’re here now. Endeavor’s hero office, no hi, no hey, just the receptionist telling them that Todoroki’s father will arrive shortly and to wait here. Half n’ half contemplated his decision of bringing his new friend here, slightly afraid of what Endeavor will do to this boy’s innocence. If Boboiboy can have the same ability as him, his father will almost certainly experiment with other elements. But his friend hasn’t even shown them his true capabilities.