Chapter 30

This chapter is dedicated to my besties, Priscillia, Israel, Success, and Queensly.

Thank you sweethearts so, so much for sticking with me and keeping up with me even with all my shit.

Love, love, love!

To the story.

After that, I left the porch.

I couldn't stand it anymore, it was all too much.

Zayde, Pete and Devon continued to talk, more like argue outside the door, while I buried my head in my hands, rocking against the door.

They're related.

They're all related.

This is so screwed up.

Zayde and Devon are brothers. Pete is their uncle.

Good God.

That means Meadow is Zayde's-

No.

No, no, no.

Why?

Just why.

I was tempted to call Nana and just blurt everything that happened to her, but I held back, plus, where the hell would I even start.

Tears gathered in my eyes. I don't even know why I was crying, but soon it turned to a sob, heavy sons wracking my body, shaking through me. It was too much, it was all just too much.

Suddenly, the argument ceased. The only sound left was the faint tapping of the door. Realising that Zayde probably wanted to come in, I inched off the door a little, letting him slip in, adjust my tears.

"Hey Fluf- Skye? Baby why are you crying, talk to me. Oh please don't cry, please don't cry." Zayde said frantically as he squatted down to my level, drying me tears.

This only made me cry harder, burying my face into his chest as he soothed me, cooing encouraging words into my ear.

"Fluffy, princess, are you okay? Don't cry." He murmured, stroking my hair.

Looking up at him through teary eyes I whimpered. "This is too much Zayde, it's all too much."

His face hardened, then softened, falling, defeated.

"I'm so sorry Fluffy, this is my fault."

"How the hell is this your fault?" I croaked.

He bit his lip. "I don't know, it just is."

"No, it isn't, you weren't even born. This is your father's fault."

"It is, isn't. I'm so sorry baby, I-" He sighed, closing his gorgeous eyes. "Well, I called the cops, since actually, the little talk we had back there kept Pete and Devon distracted long enough to get them here. They're in custody now."

"I see. They aren't leaving."

"Definitely not Pete. But maybe Devon, depending on if his story checks out or whatever. I'm just- I'm just so sorry Fluffy."

"Look at me, let me see your eyes."

He opened his eyes, the eyes that held me spellbound. The stormy, subdued anger, frustration; the torrent of the grey, the broken, hurt, defeated forest green. Together swirling with so much emotion, so much pain, so many questions.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.

Another sigh. "I- Fluffy we.... I understand if you don't want to be with me anymore." He murmured.

"What?" I gasped, nearly falling backwards.

"I mean, look at this mess, Meadow and I are related now, in some sick, twisted way, we are. You may not want to go through with this anymore." He said softly, stroking my cheek. "I just, love you so much, so so much." He whispered, his lip trembling.

Unable to do anything else, I crashed my lips onto his, hoping I poured in all the love, all the care, everything I felt for him, everything I wanted to tell him, without words, I poured it all into the kiss. And Zayde kissed back just as eagerly, biting my lips, kissing me passionately, at the same time tenderly.

I felt a wetness on my lips, and then I realised that it was Zayde's tears.

He was crying.

My baby was crying.

The man who had wiped my tears so many times, held me through my tears, sorrow and pain, was crying.

Pulling away, I took in his flushed face, swollen lips, and slightly red eyes.

He really is beautiful.

I placed my hands on either side of his face, threading them through his hair, tracing the ride of his jawline.

He leaned into my touch, kissing my palm.

"Zayde," I said, grabbing his attention. "I love you. Regardless. Unconditionally. I don't care if we were half-siblings."

At this, he raised a brow, smirking slightly. "That's disgusting." He deadpanned.

"Whatever." My cheeks flushed. "What I mean is, this, this doesn't stop us, I want this, I don't care about Pete, about Devon. I love you, my family loves you, that's all that matters."

"Fluffy," He said, the name rolling of his tongue so effortlessly, deliciously. "You make me feel so special."

"You are special."

"I love you," He said, wrapping his arms around me, hugging me tightly as he peppered kisses all over my face. "So bloody much."

"I love you too, Zayde."

Thunder roared outside, the showers of heaven falling down.

Zayde glanced up, a twinkle in his eye. "Love bug?"

I giggled. "Yes."

"Let's do something crazy."

"We're already doing something crazy."

"No," He said glancing out the broken window again. "Really crazy."

I smiled, as I caught on.

"Race ya."

Breaking into a sprint, I dashed outside, Zayde hot on my heels. Laughing hysterically and grinning like a madwoman, I surged forward, laughing and screaming as the heavenly spray showered me.

Zayde's melodious laughter followed behind me, as he got closer and wrapped his hands around me, spinning us in the rain, landing wet, sloppy kisses all over my skin, making me scream with joy and excitement.

My shirt was probably see through now, and the neighbours- if they were any -probably thought we were more than insane, and Devon was probably laughing his ass off at us, and we'd probably have to sober up after this, and deal with Zayde's newfound relatives, and we'd probably catch a bloody cold after this, but I didn't even care.

Not one bloody bit.

It felt good, letting go, being free, enjoying the gifts of nature with the one I loved.

And I was going to cherish every second of it.

Every beautiful, magical moment.

Another thunder clap, another glorious rumbling laugh from Zayde, a joyful giggle from me, and spin and a twirl.

Wrapping our arms around each other, we rested in each other's embrace, feeling warm, hot even, amidst the a freezing grey weather, swaying the green trees as I looked into Zayde's loving eyes.

Kissing down my cheek, leaving a trail to my lips, he bit them softly as he chuckled.

"I'm the luckiest girl in the world." I grinned, droplets of rain dribbling down my face, coating my lips.

Zayde grinned even wider. "He do you think I feel love bug?" He whispered before claiming my lips in a kiss.