Chapter 10

"Okay" I sniffed "I'm ready." I said turning to him. He nodded, stroking my hair.

"It was three years ago, we lived in Faldridge. It's about two cities away from here. My parents left this place when I was ten, and we returned seven years later, two years ago, but a lot happened between that time......"

Flashback

It seemes like a normal afternoon, I had finished school and was heading home to meet my family. I had no fights tonight, but I had one yesterday. I won, as usual but being The Undefeated Hades was a risky business. I had to keep my identity a secret or there could be costly consequences.

But enough of that, tonight I would be hanging out with Stacy my twin sister. We were super close and she was the only one that knew about my cage fighting secret. She was always there to back me up and keep my stories convincing to mum and dad. She was my rock.

Tonight we were having a girly sleepover. Mum and dad were working overnight so we decided to have fun just the two of us. We got into our embarrassing pig onsies, taking silly selfies and goofing around. We watched lots of movies, drooled over Chris Hemsworth together, and giggled and laughed, just having fun.

We were currently curled up on the couch, watching Home Alone before we heard a crash outside. We both froze. Stacy shivered, a small whimper slipping from her mouth. I squeezed her hand, putting a finger over my mouth to keep her silent. She nodded biting her lip. I listened closer for more sounds, I could hear shuffling and voices. I blanched. We were surrounded.

Stacy saw the terror on my face and gulped.

"Skye, what is it?" She whispered.

"Stacy, whatever you do, stay behind me and don't scream." I warned. Her eyes widened but she nodded in agreement. I stood up, getting into my fighting stance, my eyes surveying all around me. I breathe in, steadying myself. The windows crashed, breaking as people enter. I guess there are men judging by their structure. There are wearing masks so I can't see their faces but I don't need to. There are lot about six of them and behind me Stacy picks up a bat out of nowhere and gets ready. They don't have weapons so that was out of the way, but we were still out numbered.

Two of them charged forward and Stacy immediately whacked one of them with her bat. He staggered, groaning in pain as she hit him again. Meanwhile, I was dealing with the one in front of me, serving punches and kicks. I was just about getting somewhere when backup arrived and another tied my hands behind my back. I looked over to see them doing the same to Stacy. My shoulders sagged as I stopped fighting, defeated. We were being kidnapped and I could do nothing about it. They lifted me up taking me and Stacey out of the house and towards a van. I registered our situation and began to kick and squirm furiously, biting the hand that held my mouth. The man holding me let go and I sprinted off only to be caught again. Knowing my life depended on it, I began struggling again but this time I felt a sharp piercing pain in my neck before everything went black.

I woke up to the sound of voices, pain zapping in my system rendering me immobile. A groan of pain comes from me as my vision struggles to clear and my eyes seem to give everything a twin. My ears are ringing, my mouth incredibly dry but I know better than to ask a bunch of criminals for a drink.

I noticed that the voices stop at the sound I make and I hear the echo of heavy, measured footsteps resonating in the room, the sound of bouncing off the walls and as someone approached me. My vision finally cleared and I come to face with a boot, lifting my head slightly to see the masked man staring down at me. He lifted me up by my hair making me grunt in pain. A whimper comes from beside me and for the first time I turn, gasping as I see the battered face of Stacey.

"Stace..." I whispered brokenly. "You asshole! What did you do to her?!" I spat, glaring at the offender. His eyes held amusement as he nodded to someone and they walk over, lifting up a gun. I gasped. They point it at Stacy and she whimpers, not even strong enough to do anything else. I growl and glare at the man holding my hair who I assume is their leader.

"Let. Her. Go." I spat, venom lacing every word. He chuckled, removing his mask.

"No can do." He smirks. I gasp. The man is Pete, the owner of a restaurant not too far from ours. He's always been a jealous person, claiming we put him out of business, stealing his customers, and ruined his life. Blah, blah, blah. He always threatened us and cussed us out but I never imagined it will go this far. He's a fricking psychopath.

"You bloody psychopath!" I roared in anger. He smirked, obviously enjoying my pain. He smacked me in the face, making my mouth draw blood, the familiar metallic taste assaulting my taste buds. I glare up at him as he drags my hair up. A groan, involuntarily slips out of my mouth and I hiss when his grip tightens.

Any other person would be either passed out, half dead or too weak to move. I, on the other hand, was used to the sting of pain, in fact, we were buddies if you ask me. Cage fighting is far more intense than a flimsy punch but I was more worried for Stacy. She wasn't used to this at all and judging from her half lidded eyes, battered body and broken look, she won't last much longer. My eyes softened as I looked at my older twin.

"You ok Stace?" I asked, trying to get her to respond. She simply nodded, close to passing out.

"Aww, would you look at that, so cute." Pete mocked. Psychotic bastard. "Alright, enough chit-chat. Let's get to business." He said then made a gesture and the guy with the gun pressed it to Stacy's head making her gasp in horror. I growled but Pete punched me in the face again, blood gushing out of my nose when he did so. I was unbothered, more focused on the gun pointed at my sister's head. I could do nothing, my hands and legs were chained and I couldn't risk my sister's life by trying to fight my way of of here.

My shoulders sag in defeat when I realise just how helpless I was. Pete smirked.

"Now you have a choice," He said as my ears perked up. "Either you do exactly as I say or she dies." He said.

"W-what?" I stutter.

"You heard me bitch, do as I say or else...." He smirked maniacally as my face falls. I didn't even need to think, the answer clear as crystal. Sensing the determination on my face Stacy's eyes widen.

"Skye, no...." She muttered weekly. I shake my head.
"No." I said firmly turning to the bastard. " I'll do anything you want, just don't touch her." I said glaring at Pete, hoping the venom in my eyes had seeped into my words as well. He smirks stroking my hair.

"Good girl." He said stroking my hair. I reeled in disgust, knowing that I had to be careful.

"Devon, she's all yours." He said to another person who stepped out from behind him, lifting me up roughly and carrying me away. Just as we got to the door I looked back at Stacy seeing the worry, pain and fear in her eyes just that she passed out.