The Denver Trip

Click click click. My keyboard clicked as I typed away at work. I was counting down the seconds till I was able to say peace out for the holiday weekend and begin my 4 day Christmas break in Denver. Checking my Apple Watch to see the time, a notification popped up from Snapchat. I have my privacy settings on so it won't show me too many details without opening my phone. With my work load light and the day almost done, I decided to enjoy some down time on my phone. I open my iPhone to the app to see who could have messaged me since I was rarely on the app.

way2gone: greetings old stranger.

I had no idea who this could be, and we weren't friends on Snapchat already so i was totally confused.

me: old stranger? umm who is this?

Waiting for the person to reply, I completed a few more emails and started to clean off my desk so I could dip as soon as it was time to.

way2gone: oh wow, it's Demarcus. I know you remember me 😌

Demarcus. Mmm a memory that all too well popped into my head from time to time. The memories so vivid I could literally feel the energy consume my body all over again.

me: Demarcus...oh no I could never forget you. Did you get a new Snapchat? I don't have this one saved for some reason...

way2gone: I did get a new Snapchat so I'm not offended you didn't know who I was lol. How have you been?

me: I've been well. Getting ready for a nice holiday weekend away.

way2gone: vacation time is always the best. What do you have planned for your break?

me: I'm going to Denver for a "family" retreat lol. Sounds like it's going to be an emotional overbearing time tbh 😂😂.

I did have to laugh out loud because it was true. The mere thought of spending this extended weekend with my family on some type of retreat just didn't sit right with me. Retreat was the subtle word for saying "our family doesn't talk to each other and we need bonding time again". All of which I could care less about. What I was excited for was to see my cousins and spend time with them on the slopes and shopping centers.

way2gone: interesting weekend but sounds like a holiday spent well. I was reaching out to check on you...and tell you I do miss you.

Miss me? This man missing me could not be true. No, waaay to much time has past since I last seen or heard from him so the thought of him missing me sounded like a lie to me.

me: miss me? Then where you been? I've missed you too I can't lie.

Oh my god why would I say that! He didn't need to know I missed him. I've got to get myself together.

It was finally 5 o'clock and time to leave for the weekend. My coworker Breona knocked on my office door and popped her head in.

"Time to head out for the weekend for you isn't it Moriah?" She said with a big smile. She knew I was semi dreading this trip as well. "Yes, it's time for me to go, just got wrapped up in my thoughts some how." I replied as I shut down my computer and turned off my office lights.

"Listen Moriah, I know your family retreat is this weekend and your a bit gloomy about it. But just think you'll be able to see Brittany, Don and Sierra this weekend so there's that plus." Breona said softly.

"Your right girl, I'm going to make the best of the this trip. Especially since my parents paid for us anyways." We laughed.

"I'll see you next Tuesday my love! And text me." I yelled back to Breona as I walked the opposite direction to my car.