Scorpio Boy

It's been a few weeks since Adrian and David's duel. David recovered quickly and started classes again a few days later. Adrian however, has not been seen since. The school has been living in fear ever since.

    There are dementors surrounding the school now, keeping an eye out for Adrian. Dementors are cloaked flying faceless creatures. They will suck out the soul of anyone that gets in their way. Dementors are the guards at Azkaban, the prison for dark wizards and witches.

    "I would like you all to tell me what your astrological signs are," says Professor Worsteshire. "I am an Aries meaning I am ambitious and honest."

    She then looks down at Lucia who is sitting right in front of her. Lucia nods her head and looks in her textbook to find her sign.

    "August 20th is a Leo," Lucia begins reading, "meaning I am compassionate, big-hearted and have natural leadership."

    "Very good Cumberback," Worsteshire announces, "remember class, this will be on your exam next week."

    She then looks down at me with a stupid grin on her face. I did talk to her about my parents, and told her about their deaths in private. She acted like she was mourning, but she clearly didn't care. I wish she was the one who killed my mother. She would have been in Azkaban already.

    "I am also an Aries," I say.

    "Excellent!" Worsteshire says loudly, "we have so much in common."

    She smiles before looking over my shoulder to Daniel Greengrass. He has long brown hair that is gelled back and has bright blue eyes.

    "You sir, Greengrass," Worsteshire says.

    Daniel isn't very talkative. We partnered once for an assignment. He told me about how he was abandoned by his mother as a baby when she found out his father is a wizard. Because of his blood status, he isn't loved by his family. Daniel is a half-blood in his sacred twenty-eight family, creating lots of drama between his muggle and pure-blood family members.

    "October 30th, m'am," he says nervously.

    "What is your sign?" Worsteshire says irritatedly.

    "Sorry, uh," he starts scrambling through his textbook.

    "Scorpio," he reads, "I am determined, loyal, jealous and secretive."

    "Is that true?" Worsteshire asks.

    "Sort of," Daniel answers.

    "Excellent!" Worsteshire repeats loudly.

    I roll my eyes at her energy. It's nearly eight at night, I am so tired and so done with this class.

    Once everyone has shared their astrological signs and traits, I am moments away from falling asleep. I follow behind Lucia out of the class when Daniel Greengrass stops us at the door.

    "Can we help you?" Lucia says with disgust.

    She doesn't like Daniel simply because of his family. They used to work for the Dark Lord, but now most of them are in Azkaban.

    I don't think he's bad though. He hasn't spent much time with his family anyway.

    "I know where Adrian is," he mumbles, making sure no one else can hear him.

    "How?" I ask.

    "He sent me this."

    Daniel hands me a letter from Adrian that he received by owl.

    Daniel Gareth Greengrass,

    I am writing to you, my noble best friend, to tell you that I am hiding in a cave below the castle.

    I ask that you also show this letter to Audrey Petunia Mitchell, my most loving girlfriend.

    I want you both to know I am okay, but you may not see me ever again.

    Adrian Keary Turner

    "What's the meaning of this?" I ask.

    "Just thought you might want to know he's okay," Daniel answers.

    "You're friends with Adrian?"

    "Yeah, sort of."

    "Audrey," Lucia says while grabbing my wrist, "let's go."

    I nod while looking down at the letter he gave me and follow Lucia back to our dorm room.

    I need to find out more about Adrian and Daniel's friendship. Why is it that they never mentioned each other? I've never even seen them together. I have so many questions that must be answered.

    "Did you know they were friends?" I ask Lucia while we're walking.

    "No," she answers, "that's why I think that they are up to no good."

    "What do you mean?"

    "I'm worried that they practiced dark magic together," she stops in her path and turns to me, "we didn't know Adrian was still doing that. So maybe Greengrass was there too?"

    I stay silent to think. We begin walking again, but this time it is much slower, as we are both lost in our thoughts.

    What if Daniel is working with Adrian?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Published January 2nd, 2022