❛ Six༉‧₊˚

Start from the beginning

"Jake better ask me out before it is prom," Liv finally broke the silence talking to more of herself than me.

I do fear she would one day develop High blood pressure with the level she gets worked up about things. Getting agitated on things that are irrelevant. Prom that's next year.

"You know, we need to start preparing intensively for SAT and build our college list," I advised instead.

"That's absolutely right."

"Should Jake eventually ask you to be his girlfriend, how would you cope if you get accepted into different universities?" I finally asked 'THE' question We needed to be frank.

There are possibilities for situations like that  to happen.Though there are choices they can opt for if they still really want to be in a relationship. They can be in an open or a long distance relationship which usually don't last and I even doubt Liv would opt for any of those options.

"I don't know. I really don't."

Poor girl. I wonder what choices she's going to have to make when love is involved.

Getting to love alone is very hard only for you to end up hurt or heartbroken which by the way is worst.

"I just want to experience that feeling for the fist time before we graduate from high school," she sobbed.

"Why would you say such? You have many time in this world to enjoy that feeling with the right person. You have to be careful so you won't end up hurt." I advised her.

"Come here," I commanded as I opened my arms and hugged her.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

It's been three days since my mum little breakdown, the one in which she promised to change and surprisingly, she's really keeping to her words.

I was currently nibbling on my fingers. I know it's not hygienic or lady like, i just couldn't help but do it because It was something I did out of habit whenever I needed comfort or I was nervous. Like right now, i was really nervous concerning this test I was sitting for. I wasn't really prepared.

Scratch that, i was not prepared.

I raised my head up to find everyone's undivided attention on their calculus test. Our calculus teacher had surprised us this afternoon with an impromptu test which had caused grumbles and complains from everyone.

I solved what I knew and got up to submit my paper. I heard gasp from people around me. They might really think I studied for it. Olivia raised her head and our eyes met. We silently communicated and I made her understand I can't just sit there pretending I know what to write when I actually don't.

My little bravery gingered a few of my classmates to get up to submit theirs also. I mean we have been siting here for over an hour.

"Your results would be out on or before next class," our teacher announced and at the same time, the bell rang.

I hung my bag on my shoulders and walked out of the class to wait for Olivia.

"You can go home alone. I need to go to the library to do some research for my history assignment".

"Alright, but are you sure you would be okay on your own?"

"Yes, just go home and rest. I would chat you up once I'm done."

"Okay, take care," she replied me as she opened her arms wide for a hug.

"Be good."

I finally got to the library after many stops to chat with my class and school mates.

"Long time, no see bliss" the friendly elderly librarian man greeted me.

"Mr Jones, how have you been?"

"I should be asking you that, you were the one who left for almost a month"

I laughed. "I was a little busy"

"Anyways, I kept some books I thought you might like from the new deliveries"

"You are such a sweetheart," I pecked him on his cheeks. He was so homely and he reminded me of my late grandpa, my maternal side of course. I'm sure I don't recognize a soul from my paternal side. It was if they all planned to abandon us, my mum and I altogether.

I went to my usual corner, got seated and started my research. After what felt like few minutes had past, i decided to check the time. I discovered I had been seated in the same position for almost two hours and I was almost done with the project. It was only a page remaining for my assignment which was due Thursday, to be completed.

I started to pack before it got late. I said my byes to Mr Jones and promised to increase my visit to the library.

The library was closer to my school but a little bit far from my house. The distance was one of the reason why I get discouraged from coming and since I got a ride to school from Liv, I had no choice but to enter a bus back home.

Now trekking to the station where I would get a bus with just my ear piece plugged in my ear, enjoying the cold evening breeze and the smell of Mother Nature, I got nearer to the place to board a bus and discovered I knew the person on the bench.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I unplugged my earphones from my ear.

"I came around here to do something and here I am," Liam replied as he gestured around with his hands.

"That's great"

"If I didn't know better, I would have said you are stalking me," Liam joked.

"I'm stalking you or you are?" I scoffed.

"I'm just joking"

I sat down in the space beside him as we fell into a comfortable silence, listening to the soft whistle of the cold air.

"Your father left you when you were young and now he is back saying he wants to meet you because his time is limited. If it were you, would you immediately forgive him and go?" I blurted the first question that came to my head.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

I hope you liked this chapter. Remember to click on the star button and comment
Shay