Improvement - 2

Once Ais helped me get home, I was scolded by Riveria. She healed me but flicked my forehead for my idiocy. I understand it was foolish of me to underestimate the dungeon, but does she have to give me a day's worth of a lecture about it? I was in the shower cleaning myself from the dirt and blood. I got out of the shower and went to my room. I put on some underwear and shorts, but the shower was so hot that I was still steaming, so I decided to stay shirtless. I put the towel on my head to absorb the water since I didn't have the energy to dry it.

Maple: "What a day." I sighed. Then, I heard a rapping on my door. Whoever it was is certainly not in a good mood. It's probably Riveria. I stood up and opened the door. "What is it now?" I asked.

Riveria: She glared at me. "You certainly have the spunk to talk to me like that." I flinched at her words.

Maple: "You're right. I'm sorry." 

Riveria: She sighed. "Meet me in the living room in five." She left and I stood there confused. I was surprised she didn't reprimand me more. I grabbed a button-up and put it on. I didn't button it up since I was still warm from the hot shower. I walked to the waiting room and saw Riveria with a dry towel and comb. 

Maple: "What do you need me for Riveria?" I asked in the doorway.

Riveria: "Come sit." I quickly walked over and sat down at her feet. "Turn around. I'm going to fix your hair." I did as she said and she started drying my hair. It felt nice having her dry my hair. June always dried my hair even as I got older. She always took care of me. I leaned my back and rested against her legs. She continued to dry my hair. Then, she started brushing it softly with the comb.

Maple: "Is there a reason why you wanted to do this?" I asked keeping my head straight.

Riveria: She continued brushing. "I noticed you don't care for your hair very well. You also have good looks. So it would be a shame to let it go to waste."

Maple: She thinks I'm good-looking? "...Thank you. It may not seem much for you, but it means a lot to me." I smiled but she couldn't see it.

Riveria: "You're just going to assume that it isn't work for me?" She stopped brushing my hair which made me turn around. She leaned in close and stared at me with a brow up and a mocking expression on her face.

Maple: She was close. I suddenly forgot what we were talking about and just stared at her eyes. They were a beautiful green jade color. They were full of sternness, but also care. "Um." I looked away and turned around.

Riveria: She pets my head and giggles. "Sorry for teasing." She started combing my hair again then asked, "Do you want to cut your hair?" 

Maple: "I don't know. I've always left it long." I fiddled with my bangs. "But, I guess I could try something new. Even if it doesn't work out, It'll grow out anyways." 

Riveria: "Any style you prefer?" She said while running her fingers through my hair. 

Maple: "Not rea-"

Tiona: "WAIT!" Tiona suddenly burst through the doors screaming. I jumped from her unintentional scare. I hate how loud she is. I have delicate ears and I sometimes get scared easily. 

Maple: "What?" I said annoyed. I stood up and walked towards her.

Tiona: "You can't cut your hair!" She yelled.

Maple: I covered my ears from her loudness. "Why not? Isn't that my choice to make?"

Tiona: "You look better with long hair!" She waved her arms towards me in an attempt to hit me, but I stopped her with my hand on her head, pushing her back. "All the girls say so! Even some of the boys! I also want to see if you look like a girl with long hair!" She yelled again.

Maple: An irk appeared on my head, and I grabbed her cheeks and pulled. "Say that again why don't ya?"

Tiona: "Owww! Let me go!" She tried to pull away, but I only tightened my pinch on her.

Maple: "Shall we dress you in male clothes and see if you look like a man? The best part, we don't have to do any altering to the chest." I smirked.

Tiona: She gasped and kicked me away. "That's sexual assault!" She pointed at my anger.

Maple: "You just kicked me in my gut!" I tried to grab her, but she dodged. I chased and she kept running. We stopped when Riveria let out a scary aura and I put Tiona in a headlock.

Riveria: "That's enough." She said sternly. "If you're going to run around, do it outside." After we got a scolding from Riveria, she kicked us out and told us to get rid of our energy by going outside.

Maple: We stood next to each other outside after Riveria kicked us out. "Now look what you did." I sighed.

Tiona: "Me? You were the one who was chasing me around idiot!" She crossed her arms and turned around.

Maple: "Well guess who was the one who aggravated me. You, idiot." I walked away and she followed me. "Why are you following me?"

Tiona: "Well, I can't go back in the house now, Riveria will just kick me out again." She grumbled. 

Maple: I turned around and said very annoyed, "And whose fault is that?"

Tiona: "Shut up!" She walked off in anger and left me alone. I had some valis on me, so I went to the hostess. 

Maple: "Hello?" I leaned in the doorway and saw the cat girls sweeping. The looked up when they saw me.

Anya: "Nya! It's you... er what was your name again?" She stared at me trying to think, but I answered her.

Maple: "It's Maple. Pleasure to meet you formally this time." I bowed.

Chloe: "I can see why Syr likes you. You have great looks and manners, nya." She smiled.

Maple: I gave her small smile back. "Is that so? Anyways, when is the pub opening? I was hoping to grab a bite."

Mama Mia: "Sorry kid we're not open yet." She came from the kitchen and stood in front of me. "But, I suppose I can let you have something for a little fee." She closed an eye and gave me a smirk. I sighed and gave her enough valis to satisfy her. 

Mama Mia: "Alright, I'll give you the weekly special. Take seat there." She gestured me to the seat at the bar and one of the girls gave me a beer.

Maple: "I didn't ask for this." I pointed to the mug.

Mama Mia: "If you want to eat, you gotta drink too boy!" She grinned.

Maple: I sighed again. "Does it have to be beer?" I murmured. 

I took a swig and the first thing that hit was the bitterness. But after couple more, I got used to it. Was beer always this tasty? Sure didn't taste good when I was a kid. Then, Anya came out with the special, which happened to be spicy chicken wings. Those go great with beer.

Maple: "Can I get a couple more?" I asked to Anya.

Syr: "Don't drink too much! You might get drunk." She jumped from behind me to surprise me. 

Maple: "Syr." I turned around and saw her facing me, smiling. 

Syr: "You have sauce on your face." She pointed out and giggled.

Maple: "Ah thanks." I wiped the sauce from my cheek with my thumb and licked it. I never realized how much I love spicy foods. "This is really good. Wait, you said this is the special right? Why not keep it on the menu?"

Syr: "Do you like it that much?" She tilted her head.

I simply smiled and kept eating. At one point they questioned if I can pay for all this, and how much I can eat. They seemed to enjoy my company though. And I enjoy it as well, they're like real family. I wonder how June would feel if she was here right now.