A Happy Date?

A/N: Here's the date~~Ryuu in black and white btw~~

Natsu's POV 

'Will you go on a date with me tomorrow?' I asked in a serious tone, looking right into Aoi's eyes. Aoi turned a slight shade of red before she tried to hide her surprise. She straightened her face and furrowed her brows. She looked cute. HEY NOW DON'T GET ALL 'OH NATSU, YOU JUST SAID THAT, TEEHEE.' I'M A MAN. I WON'T GET EMBARRASSED FROM JUST THINKING TO MYSELF. AOI IS REALLY CUTE. REALLY...

Really...

...

...

I blushed. God damn it.

'Why?' Aoi questioned, snapping me out of it. 

'Harh?' I spluttered, noticing that I was back on Earth.

'Why are you asking me all of a sudden?' she said, cocking up a brow.

I widened my eyes in realisation when I hadn't prepared for her to ask me. How was I supposed to hide it? I scanned through my mind quickly and started sweating.

'Er..um..OH! I-I just wanted to celebrate the fact that we finished the mission,' I stuttered, hoping that she'd take that bait. Aoi frowned and leaned in closer to my face. The sweat was almost impossible not to see.

'Okay,' Aoi said with a grin. She backed away from my face and waved at me before she walked back home casually. Eh? Did she believe me? Even I didn't believe myself. I scratched my head, and then it hit me. It had to be. I was actually an amazing actor and didn't know it. 

Heh, Aoi totally fell for it, since I'm totally a natural.

Aoi's POV

Natsu's a really bad liar. Even so, I couldn't wipe that smile off my face as I walked home. A date with Natsu? No, a first date with Natsu. I stopped and thought deeper. A date with Natsu. What would that handsome idiot prepare?

I thought about all of the different scenarios that could happen. He could take me out to dinner. He could maybe take me to stargaze? Then I realised it. This was Natsu we're talking about. A dense guy with absolutely no experience in romance. It was ironic since I was the same, but at least I knew a thing or two about love.

As I tried thinking realistically, my smile faded into a grimace. He might just take me to eat meat and leave me with the bill. Actually, he might not have prepared anything at all. Wait till I get my hands on him...I widened my eyes when I realised that I was thinking negatively about the date. I sighed and pinched myself a little. Stop overreacting, I told myself. I shook my head and continued walking home.

When I got home, I unlocked the door and headed straight for my bedroom. I threw myself on the bed and cuddled the snuggly blankets. After that useless mission, I deserved a well-earned rest.  I closed my eyes, trying to sink deeper and deeper into slumber.

5 minutes later.

...

Don't worry Aoi, I can't just fall asleep straight away.

An hour later.

...Sooner or later the excitement and dread of the date will go away. Soon Aoi.

4 hours later

Darn that Natsu.

Ryuu's POV

'WHAT?' I said, clenching my teeth, keeping my smile on my face. 

'Oh rejected fiance~~Aoi's going on a date with the pink haired destroyer~' said a drunk member in a slurred voice. 

'When did this happen?' I questioned, grabbing his collar.