Walking in circles

A/N Sorry this chapter is short :c

Aoi's POV 

Ignoring Natsu is like ignoring a whining 5 year old who complains every 10 seconds. After the prank, I gave up on lecturing him and instead ignored him.

I sighed, feeling his gaze on me. I caught sight of Lucy who walked towards me. She sat down on the seat beside me and smiled.

'Hello!' she chirped.

'Hi,' I replied. She frowned.

'You seem...unenthusiastic?' she said curiously.

'Natsu,' I grumbled.

She laughed, fully understanding what I meant.

Then she raised a brow. 'You guys don't seem that couple-like,' she commented.

'You don't say.'

She shrugged her shoulders. 'This could be my chance to steal him away,' she said. I widened my eyes and looked at her sharply.

My intense aura double, triple, quadrupled. 'What?' I said, raising my voice unconsciously. She did not just say that.

Lucy laughed. 'I'm just teasing Aoi, no need to be so serious,' said, laughing it off nervously. I calmed down slightly. If a friend like Lucy liked Natsu then I wouldn't know how to handle it.

'Oh...' I whispered, slightly embarrassed.

'You should go and make up with him. It'll make everything better,' the pretty blonde advised, before getting up and walking away.

Make up huh? Was it that easy? Maybe I was just overreacting. 'Thanks Lucy!' I called. She turned around and looked at me before giving a smile.

I pursed my lips in surprised. In that smile...sadness? Was I seeing things? I shook my head. No, I was exaggerating. But inside, I had a bad premonition.

 'Natsu!' I said, maintaining a smile. Don't hit him, don't hit him, I told myself, memories of the prank suddenly appearing in my head.

Natsu turned away quickly from another guild member and grinned.

'Aoi!' he said. I bit my lip, the prank images in my head disappearing.

C-Cute.

He ran up to me like a dog and it's owner playing fetch. 'Aoi I'm sorry!' he said.

I smiled. 'It's okay,' I said softly. Patting him on the head, he grinned excitedly as if he longed for more. He expression made me want to spoil him like crazy.

 Gray's POV 

Is it me or are there flowers dancing near Aoi and that bastard?

Ryuu's POV 

Their innocent sparkly level is so bright that I need sunglasses.

Erza's POV 

Oh my lord, what is this? They actually look like a couple? They never look like a couple! Is this the end of the world or what?

Aoi's POV 

Natsu was practically basking in glory as I decided to finally talk to him.

'Do you want to go on a mission?' I suddenly brought up. He looked at me, his interest perked.

'What?' he asked.

'A mission. With me,' I said firmly. He paused for a moment before grinning.

'Yeah!' he agreed.

We stopped and looked at each other right in the eyes. He flushed all of a sudden. Then I turned red. 'W-What?' we said at the same time.

'Are you blushing?' we asked simultaneously, still like beetroots.

'I AM NOT BLUSHING!' we both shouted loudly in denial. We huffed and looked at each other before turning around with pouts on our faces.

Little did they know about the people judging from the sidelines.

The people who judge from the sidelines. 

\/

Gray's POV 

I can't handle these people.

 Ryuu's POV 

Children. I'm in a guild with children.

 Erza's POV  

Tell me why they are still emitting sparkles and flowers.

 Aoi's POV 

'Anyway, you're going to go on the mission with me, right?' I said, ending our little childish fight.

Natsu turned around. 'Yeah,' he answered. There was an awkward silence that followed. I scratched my head, scanning my mind for ideas of conversation.

'Erm, I'll go and ask Lucy and Erza!' Natsu announced quickly as if he was also trying to come up with something to say.

'O-Okay, I'll go and ask Gray!' I said. We both looked at each other one last time before walking opposite directions.

I blushed in annoyance, before turning around in expectancy. Seeing Natsu's back walk further away without a second thought ticked me off.

I wanted to go with him alone. Darn that idiot. I couldn't just say 'NO I WANTED TO GO WITH YOU!' so easily!

 Natsu's POV 

I was so caught up in thinking of something to say that I said something I didn't want to.

I turned around, looking at Aoi's back. She wasn't going to turn to look at me. Aw man.

I thought she wanted just me to go with her. But it's too late to say 'Aoi I wanted to go with you and only you,' now. Well this sucks, I guess she meant the whole team.

 Third person view 

Yes. In fact, you may already know, but these two right there.

Are idiots.