What Love does to you

Aoi's POV 

It was late at night and I couldn't sleep a wink. Perhaps it was the sudden change of area or because I was afraid that Ryuu would try anything whilst I slept. 

Probably the latter.

Anyway, I got up and walked out of the cave, rubbing my eyes. The moonlight seemed to glisten the trees and land greatly. I watched quietly in awe.

A gentle hand touched my shoulder, causing me to whip around on alert. I loosened my guard when I realised it was simply Lucy.

She waved at me and I smiled back. 'Cant sleep?' I asked. She nodded her head before eyeing me.

'Actually I wanted to talk to you,' Lucy said in a serious tone. I stared at her and pursed my lips.

'Yeah?' I asked.

'It's about Natsu.'

For a moment, my insides whirled. My heart stopped functioning. A bad feeling spread within. 'What is it?' I murmured.

Lucy paused for a moment before looking up at the moon. She curled up into a ball and hugged her legs to her chest.

'I like...,' she whispered. Oh god no. Please don't Lucy. I held my hands back from covering her mouth. I had my doubts about what Lucy thought of Natsu and shrugged it off but now my heart pounded.

'Gray,' she continued. I blinked. Then I blinked again. And again. And then I blinked furiously from shock.

'What?' I asked. I definitely didn't expect that.

'Kya Aoi it's too hard to say! Don't you have trouble admitting you like Natsu?' Lucy said, hiding her blushing face with her hands. I looked at her blankly.

'I like Natsu. Heck I love the idiot,' I said bluntly. The leaves rustled when I said so. Lucy looked up at me quickly, gaping. Haha, I may have seemed like the type of person who couldn't admit it so easily, but that was only if Natsu wasn't around to hear.

Lucy stayed silent. 'So...you like...Gray?' I questioned. Lucy opened her mouth widely in shock at the flatness of my tone and covered my mouth.

'Don't say it so loud!' she said quickly. Was this how girls in loved acted? 'And what does this have to do with Natsu?' I asked, cocking up a brow.

Lucy shifted uncomfortably under my curious gaze. 'Uhh...,' she whispered. 'I want to know how you get him to look at you like that,' Lucy said.

'Harh?'

Lucy fanned herself with her hand from nervousness. 'See...I've noticed that he likes a friend of mine. She's stunning, beautiful and strong. I envy her a lot,' Lucy said. I nodded my head to indicate I was listening.