With may no longer in sight I brought my hands up to my quickly reddening face and rushed to the nearest mirror to tidy my appearance. What would happen if I was too scruffy looking for an out date?? Ahem, sorry, outing.

Now satisfied with my appearance I flew down the stairs, almost hurtling down them in the process, and around the corner to the front door. When on arrival I was faced with a blockade, my brother.

"Ah Lillian, I've been looking for you." he held a large, worn book up to my face, "Look what i just received from overseas!"

Within the pages were detailed depictions of foreign flora, many of which I'd heard of but have never had the chance to study in detail.

"I was wondering if you'd maybe want to read it together..." he hid his face behind the book a little, embarrassed. On any other day I'd say yes in an instant, but today is different.

"I'm sorry Phil, I've already made plans with my lov- ahem...my friend. How about we read it tomorrow."

Phillip gave me a suspicious look, "But Lilli, you don't have any friends."

"I do too, I've got May haven't I?" I gave him a playful kick.

"Aha! So you're meeting that knight wannabe, aren't you! I thought i'd gotten rid of her for good." he clicked his tongue.

"May is not a 'knight wannabe', she's a knight in training, that's pretty much halfway to being a knight." I folded my arms to try and hold back my evolving temper.

"Oh right, speaking of training, shouldn't she be at the training grounds right now? What's she doing all the way out here?"

"Ah well," I hesitated, coming up with an excuse, "she said something about hunting monsters in the forest nearby and thought we could see each other when she was finished."

"Hm? To have finished so early in the day is pretty impressive." He raised his eyebrow at me, "Definitely doesn't sound like something that knight obsessed freak could handle."

"Of course May could handle that much," I began inching towards the door, I'd left May waiting for too long now, "anyway, just tell mother that I went to the library if she asks for me." and with that I unceremoniously opened the door and darted outside, missing a dramatic eye roll from Phillip.

As I rounded the corner I caught sight of May attempting to fight off the horse chewing on her hair. I've never been so jealous of a horse in my life... Ah that's not to say i want to chew on her hair, even if i did there's no way I'd want to risk hurting her cute head.

I laughed a little at her misfortune as she spotted me, her freckled cheeks reddening from embarrassment.

Gosh she's adorable.

May, much to my disappointment, quickly composed herself and extended her hand.

"Ahem, so, where shall we go my lady?"

I apprehensively placed my hand in hers, awkwardly fiddling with my hair, "Going anywhere with you would be a dream."

As I spoke, May easily lifted me onto the back of the horse, dashingly jumping on behind me. I could feel the heat from her chest radiate onto my back, strangely creeping up my neck and reddening my face. I could feel May's hot breath on my cheek as she leaned in.

"Hold on tight milady."

And we were off.

I tried to stay as still as possible, doing everything in my power not to squirm away. But every time the horse moved I would be jostled into her, constantly being reminded of how close we were sitting. Unlike me, May was seated comfortably, hardly moving an inch. She must have done a lot of training to temper her body to such a state. Makes me wonder what she looks like under-