31. The News

Surprisingly Matteo ran to a small town up in Poland. He did nothing but run as fast as his speed could take him. All Matteo kept on thinking about was that Hydra was after him and how he was going to get taken back for more experiments. So Matteo just ran and ran.

Right when Matteo finally came to a stop he ran to a abandoned home and hoped that there would be clothes and bandages. As Matteo entered the home he quickly made his way over to a bathroom to get him cleaned up. "P-please work please work.." Matteo mumbled along with him catching his breath. As he turned on the water faucet he let out a sigh or relief when he seen the water run. Matteo soon and quickly looked around the bathroom for any aiding for him to get his cuts bandaged.

Luckily for Matteo he found a first aid kit. He soon took off his clothes and looked down his body. He furrowed his eyebrows and seen his body with cuts and bruises on them along with new burns from the explosion. He then seen the glass shards in his arms which he knew that would be hell to take out. And yet to his surprise he wasn't crying, even though he may be 9 years old he didn't cry. He didn't find the need to cry, he closed his eyes tightly before he went ahead and started to get started on taking out the glass and clean up.

With Steve and Sam

Sam went up to Steve and Sharon in a hurry, he then butted into their conversation. "Steve. You need to see this." Sam stated as he looked at them with worry on his face. The three of them made it into a room and had the news on. Sharon was making calls for her working duty while Sam and Steve watched the news.

"A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead including including Wakanda's King T'Chaka and Avengers Matteo Maximoff." The news man stated.

Sam looked down with a painful sad look on his face when Matteo's name was brought up. Sam then looked over at Steve when the tv said "James Buchanan Barnes." Sam seen the his sad yet intense glare at the tv. All sam and Steve did was look at the tv, yet deep down both the men in the room felt a painful sad part of them get ripped away knowing that Matteo was gone. Sharon then walked up in between then and sighed "I have to get back to work." She stated as she looked at the tv.

With Natasha

Natasha was looking around desperately for Matteo. She couldn't find him anywhere. She assumed worse when Firefighters told her that they will find him. But then Pool I've officers and other people said to her that he's gone and that he was on the ground close to the explosion happened. Nat felt a wave of guilt was over her, she just lost Matteo due to her bringing him along to the signing. She held in her emotions and kept them in check as she went over to go sit on the bench.

As Natasha sat on the bench she looked over and seen Prince T'Challa sitting on the next bench over with sadness all over his face. Nat took in a shaky breath before she looked over at him "I'm sorry.." she said as she looked over at the sad young man. T'Challa looked over and Nat with his sad eyes "I'm sorry for yours too." He said as he looked down at the ring in his hands. Nat just swallowed the lump in her throat and looked down. She and T'Challa where both talking before the Prince got up and left leaving Nat alone.

Nat then felt her phone buzzing she looked down and answered the phone. "Hello?" She answered. "You alright?" Steve asked over the phone. "Yeah thanks I got lucky.." she said "I heard about Matteo." Steve said sadly. "Yeah..it's all my fault.. I should have never brought him along.." Nat said as she felt the tears start to form. "It's not your fault. It's no one's fault." Steve stated. "What am I gonna tell Wanda.." Nat said as. "I'm pretty sure Vision will help her keep in check. Let's just hope she hasn't found out." Steve stated. Nat then heard sirens in the background of Steve's side of the call. "Steve stay home. I know Barnes is your friend but you don't want to make things worse." Nat stated as she got up from the seat completely pushing down her feelings and emotions. "You saying you'll arrest me?" Steve asked. "No but someone will." Nat stated as she looked around. "I gotta go." Steve said as he then hung up. Nat sighed and looked around before she went along to go get cleaned and freshened up.