21. 'Home'

On the Aircraft

Matteo was sitting on the ground along with many other people and children who got separated from the city. Matteo trembled and watched as people where finding their family's, Matteo had tears rolling down his cheeks before he looked up and seen Nat and Steve standing near him talking. Matteo sniffled before he looked down at the ground, he felt tears burn his eyes again. "(B-Bubby..S-Sissy..)" Matteo said quietly before he held his knees closer to him.

As Matteo was trembling he soon started to feel the adrenaline fade away. The young boy soon felt all the pain rush up him. Matteo let out a yelp before he looked down at his now limp arm. As the young boy slowly got up to go over to Steve and Nat for help he heard his name. "MATTEO?" A voice called out. Matteo looked over and seen Wanda with Vision. Matteo's vision got blurred with tears, he soon started to run to Wanda. "W-WANDA!.." Matteo yelled out as let the tears fall. Wanda ran towards him, as soon as they both go to each other Wanda went on her knees and hugged Matteo tightly. Matteo cried and hugged her back "(I-I though I-i l-lost you!..)" Matteo said in between his sobs and cries. Wanda hugged Matteo close and let her tears rush down her cheeks. "(Shhh..shhh..I'm ok..I'm here..shhh..)" she said before she started to rub Matteo's back and let him know it's ok.

Matteo just cried and clinged onto Wanda for dear life. He then remembered how it was not only just him and her, that's when he just kept on sobbing. Wanda read his mind and did a sad sigh before she let out a small sob, she then got up and walked over to where She seen Vision go. Matteo hid his face in the crook of Wanda's neck and tried to calm down, he didn't feel like looking up to see anyone. All he cared about was how Wanda was now with him and that's it.

As Matteo was clinging onto Wanda he felt himself start to slowly drift away. He felt sick and very weak, he didn't do anything beside go limp. "Matteo?.." Wanda called out to him. Matteo was starting to get ringing in his ears, he then felt more tears rolling down his cheeks. By the time he lifted his head a bit he completely went limp and had darkness come over him. "MATTEO!" Wanda pulled him away from her and he seen him drenched in blood. This made Wanda panic she then ran to go get help, she felt how limp Matteo was and seen the color drain from him.

7 days later

Matteo woke up to a small beeping noise coming from the room. As Matteo woke up he looked around and seen that he was in an hospital room. The young boy looked down at his arm and seen it was all wrapped up in bandages. Matteo did a small grunt as he then ripped off the wires that where attached to him. "Mama?- i-i..mm.. Wanda?.." Matteo called out as he then got off the bed. He did a stumble and held himself against the bed. Right as he got the movement in his legs he slowly wobbled out of the room. "W-Wanda?.." Matteo called out as he walked down the hallway. He then sniffled and kept walking down the compound hallway.

Matteo stopped and seen two figures at the end of the hallway, he then felt tears in his eyes. "Bubby!..S-Sissy!.." Matteo called out as he then seen both the figure turn to him. Wanda son Pietro both turned over to Matteo and gave him a shocked look. "OH MY GOD!.." Wanda yelled out as she and Pietro both ran to him. Matteo wobbled over to the as fast as he can before he hugged them. Wanda held Matteo close to him and put her hand over his head "don't you ever do that again!" Wanda said in a worried tone as she had tears roll down her cheeks. "I-I'm sorry..I-I'm sorry.." Matteo said sadly and quietly as he sobbed. Pietro hugged them both close to him and kissed both of their heads. "At least your safe with us. We will never. Let you out of our sight again!" He stated as he held them close to him. Matteo smiled a bit before he then felt himself started to black out and fade away.

Avengers upstate New York Compound
2:35 pm

Matteo woke up to a small beeping noise, he then opened his eyes and seen the ceiling of the room he was in. Matteo let out a grunt, he then looked down at his arms and seen them all bandaged up along with him wearing a plain white shirt and the blanket coving his legs. Matteo then looked around for Pietro and Wanda.

As he was looking around for them he only seen an empty chair and couch in the room. He then knew everything he just remembered was a dream. Matteo laid his head back down on the pillow and let tears fall. He then had a flash of memories of Pietro dying from the bullets. "B-Bubby.." Matteo called out but he knew he wasn't here anymore. That's when he felt his breath start to get heavy and hard to breathe. That's when Matteo started to panic some more.

Before Matteo felt himself start to pass out he seen a group of people run into the room. The people that came in the room where blurry to him but he kept panicking. Before he knew it he heard a loud beeping noise with people calling out to him.

"Matteo! Matteo! Shhh! It's ok! Your ok!" A female voice said. Matteo looked around with tears streaming down his face, he then trembled and felt someone's soft calm touch on his cheek. Matteo looked over and seen Nat looking at him with worry, Matteo then calmed down. He then felt his body start to relax along with his breathing.

"There you go. That's it.. Easy and Calm Bug.. your ok.. your safe.." Nat said in a soothing voice as she then leaned in and held Matteo close to her. Matteo laid his head against Nat's arm and just listened to Nat's voice and calmed down some more. "That's it bug..I'm here with you. Your ok.." Nat said as she rubbed Matteo's back. Vision and Tony both looked at the both of them on the bed, Vision did a small smile before he then left. Tony went over to go check on the monitors and to check on Matteo to see if he's doing well.

Time skip

Matteo was now laying inside of a new room that was meant for him. He had a arm sling on to keep his arm in place while he had a lot of other bandages around his arms and up to his neck.

Matteo was brought up to room by Nat, Tony said that he was aloud to be in his room and even walk around. But he had to be careful since his apparently his body is still really weak and damaged from the amount of bruises and cuts on him. The main thing that really was hurting Matteo was his arm everything else seemed fine.

As Matteo was laying in his bed and thought to himself. 'Where's Wanda?' 'Why didn't she come see me at all?' Was all Matteo thought to himself. Matteo did a little sad sigh before he looked down at his right palm and seen bandaids on it. He then looked at his left hand, the only thing he was able to do was look at his fingers. The little Maximoff then wiggled them a bit before he felt himself being watched.

Matteo looked around the room with a confused scared look. He then was jump scared  by Vision walking through his wall. "AH!- OW!.." Matteo yelled out as he then held his arm. "Oh! I'm so sorry about that!" Vision said with worry in his voice before he walked over to go see if Matteo was alright. Matteo took a breath in and trembled before he looked at Vision. "I-it's o-otay..V-Vision R-Right?.." Matteo asked as he then looked at the Android. "Yes. Also are you alright? You seem down and alone." Vision asked as he sat down on the bed next to Matteo.

Matteo felt tears prick up before he looked down at the ground. Vision looked at Matteo before he placed a hand on Matteo's leg, Matteo then looked up and over and Vision with tears rolling down his cheeks. "W-why doesn't W-Wanda want to s-see me?..d-did I hurt h-her?.." Matteo asked as he sniffled. Vision let out a sigh before he looked at Matteo "I have no idea, shes just grieving. She'll come to you. Give her time Bud." Vision said as he gave Matteo a small smile. Matteo's eyes widened a bit as Vision called him what Pietro always called him by 'Bud/Buddy'. This is what made Matteo look away from Vision and let out sobs. "L-leave.." Matteo chocked out. "But-" Vision tried to talk to him but Matteo cut him off. "LEAVE!.." Matteo yelled as he looked at Vision with his eyes showing the tint of gold in them. Vision was stunned but he got up and left the room.

After Vision left Matteo went on the ground next to the bed and cried. He felt all his sadness just creep up and powers just mixing in with them. He didn't like it one bit, but he used his powers and locked the door. After he did that he just laid down on the ground next to the bed and looked over and seen the photo that Pietro gave him. Matteo sat up and just stared at the photo, he then used his magic and brought the photo to him. As Matteo grabbed the photo he looked at it and seen everyone's smiles. Before he knew it he just sobbed and laid back down with the photos held close to his chest. "Mama..Papa..B-Bubby.." was all he sobbed out before he continued to cry. He had to face the fact that he was now in a new place alone, his new called 'Home'.