9. Nightmares

2 days later

Yesterday was Matteos 6th birthday. And he was happier than ever to celebrate it with his brother and sister again. Just like he wished for  his last 2 birthdays. But the sad thing about it was it was cut short in the morning when guards took Matteo away for a checkup before he was actually done. Within that checkup he received a painful amount of injections and a full on cold ice bath. When he did return he was finally done with the deeds and finally was going to be left alone. Wanda and Pietro where glad since they now had full on access to their baby brother.

Now

Matteo was in the corner of the room playing with wooden blocks, he was having a good old time since this was his first time in 3 years playing with toys. Wanda was watching him with a small smile as Pietro was out doing his training as instructed. "(Wanda! Look what I can d-do!)" Matteo said as he then tried to use his white wisps to levitate the blocks. Wanda watched him with her full attention and just watched his movements. Matteo was now focusing his time and energy on the toy blocks, he made them move from side to side. He had a gold color surround the green color of his eyes, he then made the blocks go back down on the ground. He smiled at what he did before he looked up at his sister with a surprised look.

"Sissy?.. you okay?.." Matteo asked as he tilted his head a bit. Wanda nodded her head and walked over to him and sat down next to Matteo. "Im ok. Just surprised is all Bubba." Wanda said with a smile before she kissed the top of Matteo's head. He smiled before he and Wanda both turned their attention to the door opening for lunch. Right as the guard game in Matteo tensed up and ran straight behind Wanda. Wanda watched the guards every move before he left the room closing the door behind him.

"(It's ok Baby..he's not getting you. Not ever. Not when I'm here now.)" Wanda said in a cooing sweet tone. "(But h-he's the one that did a-all the bad things t-to me..I can't help it ma-anda.. I just want to be out of h-here..)" Matteo said in a now trembling scared voice. Wanda sighed before she turned around and picked up Matteo holding him close to her. "(It will be ok Gup. I promise you that everything from now till we get out of this dump we will be fine. So no need for these tears.)" she said in a mothering tone as she wiped Matteo's tears that slipped down his cheeks. Matteo sniffled and looked at his sister, he did a small smile before he hugged her. Wanda was happy to except her brothers hug as she rubbed his back. "Ok now. Let's go eat some food and put you down for your nap. You need all the rest and energy Bubba." Wanda said with a smile. Matteo sighed "okayyyy even though the food isn't g-grape.." Matteo said. Wanda chuckled a bit "i think you where trying to say 'great' not 'grape' you silly guppy." She said as she scrunched her nose.

"Oh- sowwy.." Matteo said as he felt his face burn up from embarrassment. Wanda smiled at him before she put his forehead against hers "it's ok your still learning your English Bubba. Now let's get to eating before Bubby gets back." Wanda said as she walked over to the food trays. "Okay!" Matteo said in a excited tone.

After lunch

Matteo was full from the lunch he got. To his surprise he usually never gets full, but ever since he met up with his brother and sister he's been eating and sleeping well. He never got any nightmares at all too, which he was glad about.

"W-Wanda..but I don't w-wanna nap.." Matteo protested before he did a small yawn. Wanda shook her head "Well then. Say that to your tired little eyes. You need your sleep guppy, sleep is good." Wanda said as she put Matteo down on the bed and tucked him in. The little Maximoff did a whine before he looked at his sister with a yawn. "(Get some sleep baby. I'll be here with you. And Bubby will be back when you wake up. So rest up baby guppy.)" Wanda cooed as she kissed the top of Matteo's head. Right before Matteo fell asleep he said "(ok mama..)" but in a really tired and quiet voice.